• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

School Time

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I've finally got some pixs of my ride. I've got some Wheel Vintiques 62 series, 8" Steels w/ 1960 Galaxie center caps and new trim rings. The skins are BFG's 255 / 60R15's. I also included a pix of my shifter w/ the little aluminum, carpet covered, box. The box replaces that plastic tacky cup holder. Sure do miss that cup holder though. I like the 62 series wheels as I can use any old 10 1/4" original cap. The truck has it's original paint and operates just fine. Thanks for looking. Kowboy / Kenny Britton

Attachments

Last edited:

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
thats really cool!

KnockKnock

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That is nice! I wonder how it would look with the Ranger dog-dishes on there :icon_thumby:

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
The Ranger dog dish I believe are too small. These rims take a 10 1/4" cap. The mounting nibs on the wheel fit to the underside of the cap and I believe the Rangers are the opposite of that.

TexasRebel

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 2006
Make / Model
Ford, Nissan
Engine Size
4.0 in both
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
You live every day, you only die once...
That setup would look sweet on a lowered first or second gen. They look good on your truck too. Ever thought about color matching them to your truck?

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I had actually seen a truck on line w/ the color matching wheels theme, same color as mine. I couldn't get the attraction thing going for that. I really wanted to go w/ a red, close to the tail lights color. I believe that would have looked awesome. My problem is I'm strictly a vanilla kind of guy. I wasn't brave enough to go all out. The good news is I can change the color or center caps as I like. That's the reason I went w/ these wheels. They do, in my opinion, look much better in real life.

KnockKnock

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I say the vanilla was a real nice choice. :icon_thumby:

TexasRebel

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 2006
Make / Model
Ford, Nissan
Engine Size
4.0 in both
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
You live every day, you only die once...
I had actually seen a truck on line w/ the color matching wheels theme, same color as mine. I couldn't get the attraction thing going for that. I really wanted to go w/ a red, close to the tail lights color. I believe that would have looked awesome. My problem is I'm strictly a vanilla kind of guy. I wasn't brave enough to go all out. The good news is I can change the color or center caps as I like. That's the reason I went w/ these wheels. They do, in my opinion, look much better in real life.
The vanilla looks nice too, I was just curious as to if you had considered the blue. Red would look nice too.

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I did consider the blue, same as body color. I just went w/ actually almond. I saw a similar color on another vehicle and it looked safe to me. My biggest problem is getting the center caps off these rims without chipping the paint. I haven't found anything that works. I did buy a tool that is a cap remover and works like a slide hammer. I had to make a different tip for it to fit between the cap and the rim side wall. Not perfect but works the best so far. It's a real tight fit.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals