• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Saying Hi from Central Florida

runningslow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I recently acquired a '97 Ranger. Its a 2WD SuperCab, 2.3L with a 5 speed and just shy of 208K miles on the odometer. I'll post pics eventually, once I'm finished with a few of the mods I'm currently working on.

I've got big plans for the truck as my budget allows. Definitely a motor swap eventually, although I haven't decided if it'll be a 302 or a 2.3L turbo.

I've installed some Explorer bucket seats and an overhead console. I haven't wired it in, yet, but its mounted. That'll be a project for another day.

I still need to find a decent center console. All the junkyard Explorer units I've found have been trashed. Are there consoles from other vehicles that would be a nice fit?

I'm in the process of painting the grill to match the body and I'm going to replace the headlights and the corners with some aftermarket units in the near future, too.

bsmithbyitch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sounds good im in dade city, i have bucket seats in mine with a small console in between that was custom made.

runningslow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Here is a picture of my Ranger as I bought it. Once my initial mods are done, I'll post some updated pictures.

I've got a few projects lined up for tonight after work. I'm planning to reseal the rear window, because of leak on the top side. I've already sealed the brake light and the window still leaked when I ran a hose down the back of the cab. I'm also planning to replace the plugs and wires. So, does anyone have some tips for a Ranger Noob on changing the spark plugs and wires on a 2.3L? It looks like I can only readily access 3 of the 8 plugs without removing other parts in the way.

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
I think your on the right track!! Welcome dude!!!

runningslow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
So, I didn't get anything done last night... Our house was broken into yesterday, while my wife and I were at work. So, I wasn't much in the mood to play with the truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals