• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SAS What kind of suspension is this?

Dany77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Hi all,

I am wanting to get the identical SAS lift on my 95' that this truck has. I've had these pictures for so long that I can't remember where I got them from, so asking the owner is impossible.

Anyone able to tell me what this truck has done to it from the pictures?

95XL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3L Diesel
Transmission
Automatic
To me, it looks like your everyday ordinary coil sprung SAS. Nothing too radical looking.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Yup, thats your EBD44 axle running an EB lift kit, my guess being a wildhorses kit w/extended radius arms. If you want some more pics and idea's on how to do it, there's plenty on the site, or I can pm you some of mine.

-andrew

Danyokim77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks !! Question... If my truck already has a 6" lift, would adding a SAS lift the truck up more so that I could fit 35" tires?
I'm going to be temporarily relocating for my work in March for possily up to 2 years and am going to be keeping my truck at my parents house (I can't take my truck with me). I'm going to be wanting to throw some money at my truck while I'm away (probably no more than $5000 - $6000) so that it's all ready for me to play with when I come back. My stepdad has offered to take the truck into the 4x4 shop whenever I book the apointment for the work. I want to get a SAS, Gears, and whatever else get's my attention. Any idea how much this should cost me if I get my Offroad Shop to do all the work?

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, the shop that I use charge $78/hour for labor, plus parts. I think it would eat most of your $6000 if not more to have a shop do it.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
6" lift should fit 35" tires already (maybe just a teeny wee bit of trimming on the very bottom of the fenders).

Agreed, unless you do the work yourself, you can watch that $6000 disappear real quick.

BTW, whoever did the work on that truck needs to learn a bit more about steering geometry.

Live 2B OffRoad

U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
trailer it to kc and ill straight axle it for 6k :)

Gabe8810

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i would prefer to save up your money till you get back and do it yourself

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Hell, I'll do it for $5500, and you only have to drive it to red deer.....haha. seriously though, I'll happily build it for you....

Here's mine, all bolt on, no cutting or welding to the frame. TTB could be bolted back on if you wished...

Live 2B OffRoad

U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Hell, I'll do it for $5500, and you only have to drive it to red deer.....haha. seriously though, I'll happily build it for you....

Here's mine, all bolt on, no cutting or welding to the frame. TTB could be bolted back on if you wished...

as much as id like to shoot another offer i am too busy to take on another project. i could build it to bolt on as well. and i would insist on a hp44 and a 14bolt full width of coarse. :icon_thumby:

wish i had used a 14bolt on mine:annoyed:

wahlstrom1 i dig your truck man. close to mine but without the width. same tires too.

Last edited:

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Funny you mention that....I have a Hi pinion D44 and a 14bolt lyin around...and another explorer disk brake 8.8/EBD44 combo as well....

-andrew

Live 2B OffRoad

U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
i really like the eb d44 and 8.8 as a good axle combo. but my rig is too long so it wants a 35 or a 37. after lifting a truck that high i would think it would feel pretty tipsy. hows your truck feel? if i had a b2 id put a narrowed hp 44 and a x8.8 in it and run 33's and probably have a better breakover angle then my truck on 37's.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Well with 35's it does damn good and if all goes well I'll be jumping to 39's....As for the tipsy feelings, when its unloaded I can take an On/Off ramp as fast I can get the truck to go, but when it's got a load high up in the box (like a quad) you can feel a bit of body roll as I don't run sway bars front or rear. I have 25"+ ground clearance under the frame rails beneath the cab, and the radius arms are angled upwards so it usually slides over anything I may hang up on.

-andrew

Live 2B OffRoad

U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Well with 35's it does damn good and if all goes well I'll be jumping to 39's....As for the tipsy feelings, when its unloaded I can take an On/Off ramp as fast I can get the truck to go, but when it's got a load high up in the box (like a quad) you can feel a bit of body roll as I don't run sway bars front or rear. I have 25"+ ground clearance under the frame rails beneath the cab, and the radius arms are angled upwards so it usually slides over anything I may hang up on.

-andrew

oh well im not going to narrow mine now lol how will the 8.8 and 44 hold up to 39s you thinhk? you got plans for the 14bolt i guess.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Haven't broke anything on it yet, and they put 8.8's under 351 powered fullsizes until 96' so I'm not worried. As long as your not stupid with the skinny pedal they should be fine....the fullsize d44 was gonna get cut down so I'd gain pinion height and turn the knuckles for caster at the same time....the 14bolt it there just cuz....they're cheap and available and it makes a good anchor....

-andrew

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals