• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SAS options????

tmaxxman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Ok im thinking about going a SAS to my ranger but im not sure what would be the best donor vehicle to use. i want a 3 link suspension. but i don't want to have to cut the rear down and all that. i want to be able to drive it on the road
i want to go the easiest way possible. any tips and tricks would be great. and how hard is this i don't want to get in to something i cant get done lol

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
To stay at width you have a few options. Without having to cut anything down, either D30 or early broncho D44 which is a low pinion or get a ford full width D44 axle and cut the passengerside axle down 6 inches. With the EB D44 it has the smaller ujoint axles but can have upgraded ones put in it.

It all depends on whart you are going to use your truck for, your budget, fab skills, etc...

What are you running now? If its a D28 TTB and you dont have alot of funds, then a D35 TTB swap would be cheaper and its 99% bolt in too.

There are alot of good writeups in the tech library on all of this.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals