• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sad Story

retep88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Chevy
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
So my poor ranger finally bit the bullet:bawling:. It was in a four car pile up. The car two cars in front of me stopped, the car behind him stopped, then I stopped, the truck behind me didn't. I took the brunt of the damage, the two cars in front of me barely got any damage and the F-150 that hit me messed up his front bumper and popped a hole in his oil filter. My ranger is still drivable, but the body is pretty bad. The tail gate is smashed, the frame and bumper are bent out of shape, the front of the bed and the back of the cab is bent and my front and rear passenger finder got messed up pretty good. I have been holding on to her because I can't bare getting rid of her, but it will have to happen sooner or later. So my question is; Is there any one near the upper peninsula of michigan that can give the 4.0L in my old girl new life? It will might make it's way over to the for sale section if people really want her. Other wise it's going to go the the scrap yard. I hate to see her go, she was my first vehicle. I had dreams of dropping a nice fat V8 in her when I got out of college and was making some money. It would have taken a lot of work, but she would have been worth it. The ironic thing is I had just spend 700 having the M5od rebuild about three weeks before the accident. It is near impossible to find a good M5od for a 2wd 4.0L ranger. At least I still have my Bronco II

7.5L_STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
unnecessary
Transmission
Automatic
where in the U.P. and how much for the 4.0?

retep88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Chevy
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
I am in Houghton, and I would take 200 for the entire truck, engine, tranny, and rear axle. I don't know what the axle is, the axle tag was to rusted to tell. It's a 91 with around 180k miles if I remember right. Still has lots of life left. I was going to drop the 4.0 in my bronco after the V8 swap, but it isn't going to happen any more.

Last edited:

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
way too many crashed rangers lately. glad you are alright tho.

The dingleberry that rear ended you will probably have his insurance buy the wreck, so unless you are going to buy it back... and make sure you get as close to retail value as you can for it..

AJ

retep88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Chevy
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
In michigan we have no fault insurance, so all the guy had to cover was the deductible. So we (my fiance was the one driving it day to day and was the one that insured it) already got a 500 minitourt from his insurance. We decided not to file a clam. If we had file a clam and the adjuster decide it wasn't worth more than 500 before the accident, then we wouldn't have gotten any more out of it. At the very least I can get another 100 out of the scrap yard, but it seems a waste for a good 4.0L to go to the highway in the sky.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
ahhh thats right. MI has the no fault bull crap.

I think you are right, take the deductible and part it out.

AJ

retep88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Chevy
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
well, it's a part truck, but I want to sell it as one deal. I don't have space to part it out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals