• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

running hot??

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
hello, lately ive noticed my truck seems to be running fairly warm....its a 2007 4.0 130000km on it....hard miles everyone of them tho...anyways it seems run fine most of the time but the other day i had the fourwheeler in the back and it started to heat up above norm, i caught it and started taking it easy and it went back down, and last weekend i was towing a trailer and it did the same thing, never used to do this sort of thing?, im just wondering is this normal? or could i just have to flush the rad and change the tstat? thanks

Maritime Storm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Saturn
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
If it hasn't been changed before, then yes by all means start by changing the coolant. When you experienced it heating up, what were the driving condtions, ie. were dogging along a dirt road or flying down the 401, etc?

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
usually this is down paved roads, when it heated up with the wheeler in the back that made sense, it was a hottt day and i was driving fairly hard on it, but with the camper behind it was about 16 degrees and raining

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals