• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rumor??

blh0007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
hey yall
half of the problems one may experience after a trans flush isn't the new fluid, but the person putting in the new fluid. My dad use to work for a company that sold BG products and machines. we took a trans flush machine and did mine. we jacked up the rear and shifted it through all gears including reverse while the machine was doing the flushing. he told me that most places don't jack up the vehicle and shift through all the gears. i don't know if this matters or not, but it worked with mine when we flushed it at 180000 and i have had no problems. It seems to make sense that you would do it though.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
My silverado, the mechanic refuses to touch it because it wasn't maintened properly in the past. It still shifts but he says, "Trust me changing the fluid on it will change that".

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
My silverado, the mechanic refuses to touch it because it wasn't maintened properly in the past. It still shifts but he says, "Trust me changing the fluid on it will change that".
I can't really blame him. When something like this happens:

I have a few problems with this myth: First of all, this myth started like this: Some guy never maintains his transmission properly and never changes the fluid (BIG no-no :nono:) and eventually he starts having problems. At this point his trans is toast from poor maintenance and nothing will save it. But he thinks “Oh maybe I should change the fluid and it’ll fix it.” So he gets the fluid changed, his trans dies shortly after so he thinks it must be from the fluid, not the years of neglect. :rolleyes:
The customer is going to blame the mechanic and make him fix it for free. But its not the new fluid that causes the failure, its lack of maintenance.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals