• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rodents suddenly all up in my hood.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I’m constantly at war with rodents around here. One year I really went after them and wiped out over 35 mice, plus what dad got, despite two cats. Didn’t change a thing. They still get into stuff. Dryer sheets did nothing. Irish Spring soap and Lava soap got literally eaten by the little buggers. Peppermint works until the odor dissipates, but isn’t effective at making them find a new home, it just keeps them from setting up a new home.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I’m constantly at war with rodents around here. One year I really went after them and wiped out over 35 mice, plus what dad got, despite two cats. Didn’t change a thing. They still get into stuff. Dryer sheets did nothing. Irish Spring soap and Lava soap got literally eaten by the little buggers. Peppermint works until the odor dissipates, but isn’t effective at making them find a new home, it just keeps them from setting up a new home.

It's a war you can't win if you live in the right location.

I really try not to be a judgemental person. However... all the old men who live up here and keep a bb/pellet gun/.22 handy to shoot squirrels on sight... oh yeah. They get judged. Don't tell me it's because they're a nuisance... you just wanna kill stuff. You've lived in the same house in the backwoods for 57 years now frank... you KNOW they're never going to stop coming.

Its not even the caveman desire to kill that gets em judged either... it's the waste of good ammunition that does it 😆

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
This is where I live.
Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

We used to have mice - among other things.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
It's a war you can't win if you live in the right location.

I really try not to be a judgemental person. However... all the old men who live up here and keep a bb/pellet gun/.22 handy to shoot squirrels on sight... oh yeah. They get judged. Don't tell me it's because they're a nuisance... you just wanna kill stuff. You've lived in the same house in the backwoods for 57 years now frank... you KNOW they're never going to stop coming.

Its not even the caveman desire to kill that gets em judged either... it's the waste of good ammunition that does it 😆
Live in the woods with a stocked trout stream in the backyard. It’s mostly field mice around here, but they really like making homes anywhere. Even had the little buggers chew up a welding blanket. Found two mouse nests built out of that so far...

I don’t shoot squirrels except to eat them, and they’re really a lot of work for little meat, so it’s not very often. I never saw a reason to kill just to kill. The squirrels around here don’t seem to show any interest in anything other than playing in the trees and clean up under the feeders. Since they aren’t causing problems for me, they can stick around and fatten up.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I came home once with 2 dogs and went back to TN with 3. Pulled up on the hill past the old barn and to the house and had a cat sitting on the porch. I said "if you can make it past 3 dogs you can stay". This was right after Y2K and I had taken the plunge into the computer world, and found it to be very intrigeing, and had gotten to know people all over the world,and forgot about the cat, till she emerged from under the bed with a bunch of tiny kittens,
I became almost over-run with them, once going to somewhere and as I started the truck two or three ran out from under the engine area, as I was getting up speed another came flying out from the pickup bed and took a flying leap into some shrubbery, it was in a totally non-residential area near the airport.
I drove across this 4 lane road that was always busy and into a Sonic for some coffee, and as I was sitting there another of the cats came walking past the truck.
I'd see that cat for the next two or three years going in there

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals