• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Replaced exhaust valve, now no spark on any plug.

Tsestak45

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Changed my exhaust valve over the weekend. Slapped the whole thing back together, started it up and it ran for a good minute or two and then shut it off because I had to go to work. Came back from work tried starting it up it cranks and would turn over for like one second and then shut off over and over and over again. If I hold down the throttle for "flood mode" or whatever it is it will start, rev up, and when I take my foot off the gas stall out So I finally checked the plugs and all six of them are wet and when I put an inline spark tester on the plugs none of them seem to be getting any spark but I've also heard that for whatever reason Ford still always light up in line testers. Obviously I checked all the fuses first was wondering if anyone has had this problem or maybe a list of tests to perform starting with the most likely or how to go through the whole ignition system testing each part along the way?

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Let's start by you telling us the engine size...

I'll move your post to the correct help forum when we know.

Tsestak45

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
3.0L Manual. Sorry I never know which forum things should be in. I'm also getting a P1121 and the MAF is new, the intake air temp sensor is new, and the TPS was functioning before the valve change

Tsestak45

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Sorry was in MD for a few days. I switched MAFs last week and it would either not start with one of them on, or start and go right to 3,000 rpm and stay there with the other on.

Tsestak45

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
It's also slow to crank with a new battery and when I just check the voltage on everything I notice my IAC is only getting like 11.65V, does that discrepancy matter?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals