• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Relocate fog lights behind grille?

salo35

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hey, to make a long story short; I bashed up my old valance...I ordered a new one without fog light holes, so I want to mount mine either on the bumper (I'm assuming that will require drilling) or behind the grille.

I heard that the fog lights get nice and hot though, and could possibly melt the grille (just a stock one, for now).

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or opinions what to do with these stock fog lights.

Thanks!

O BTW, it's a 2001 Ranger Edge; it's got an Ford chrome bumper and pretty much stock everything else (aside from new valance)

Stonerman33

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I have the same 01 Ranger setup, chrome bumper and whatnot, my factory fogs are still in the lower valence. I have added a 2nd set of driving lights behind my factory grille. I have the honeycomb plastic one, I think most 4wd have that grille as well. I haven't run into any issues with melting plastic with the 55w bulbs that are in my lights. I imagine that driving at 40mph most of the time gets the air flowing pretty well around them and dissipates the heat fairly effectively. I don't run with them on for really long periods of time, however. Usually mine aren't running for more than an hour or so. I might have a pic or two if you want to see one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals