• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rant.........

shadetree

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Explorer Sport
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
*&%^*($#@ water heater.
Whirlpool, 3 years old. Propane.

Quit last friday. No pilot light. Call company, they asked a couple questions, and decided it was the thermocouple. Said they would send one free, but to get it the next day it would cost $15. This was last monday.

Received thermocouple tuesday. Installed, same problem, no pilot.

Wednesday called company. Said ok, they would send regulator unit, no charge.

I got it today, installed it tonight. It worked for 7 minutes, then same problem.

I do restorations. Working on 66 Vette. Installed battery tray. Purchased battery and had to modify as hold down bracket would not go over battery strap holders. Cut off holders with cutoff tool.

Put battery in tray, put in hold down bracket, could not get rear hold down bolt to go in nut provided for bolt. This is the rear bolt, and a bitch to get to.
Pulled the damn bracket back out, mfgr had welded nut to hole for bolt, and it was off center. Had to grind away metal to get bolt in nut.

Installed battery and hold down bracket. Positive battery cable too short. It was hitting bracket, and would short out. Had to go to auto parts and get another cable.

Got cable installed, put test light in negative side to check for drains, and bigger'n shit, it had a damn drain. Went thru the drill, of disconnecting everything under the hood, drain would not clear. Went inside car, nothing connected that would cause drain as far as lighting, etc. The owner had the clock re-built. I unplugged the clock, drain gone. Had to remove damn clock.

Now that the battery was in, I could re-install the expansion tank and fill with coolant. Did all that, and was pouring in coolant, and it started running all over the damn floor. It was a new radiator, and the mfgr did not put in a drain plug, open hole. So, I gave the **** up, and went home to find the damn water heater still wasn't fixed.

How was your day????????:pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff:shady

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
Have a drink(your choice) go to bed and forget about the 'vette and hot water heater. In the morning when you get up to shower, the cold water will remind you. Hopefully though, that will be the worst part of a new day. Good luck in your endeavors........

shadetree

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Explorer Sport
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Have a drink(your choice) go to bed and forget about the 'vette and hot water heater. In the morning when you get up to shower, the cold water will remind you. Hopefully though, that will be the worst part of a new day. Good luck in your endeavors........
Thats what I did. Had a diet coke, heated some water on the stove for a spit bath. I bathe at night as I get too dirty during the day to hop in bed.

I called Whirlpool this morning, and on the new assembly for the thermocouple they put in a heat sensor with a re-set button. It is not mentioned anywhere in the literature. It is very small, and white, same color as the housing, and one would never know what it was by just looking. Pushed re-set, and its working hopefully no more problems.

Now, if I can just get rid of that damned Vette.:)shady

shadetree

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Explorer Sport
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'll be happy to take it off your hands.
Its not mine. If it were, I would give you the damn thing. It's possessed.

The misery continues. I went to help my daughter get her nieces car today. I drove my F150. My bud came to help me, and brought his trailer. We pushed the car up on the trailer by hand, and got the front on. Like a super dumbass, I used my truck to push it the rest of the way. Too much pressure from the bumper was holding the car down, and it didn't slide up as the car moved up on the trailer. I stopped the truck to let the bumpers realign, and the back of the car came up with such force, it took out my left headlight, custom grille, and front header panel.

This shit happens every time I try to help someone. :badidea::pissedoff:shady

Last edited:

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
Makes ya feel better to vent sometimes,hang in there Shady.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Ouch!

sounds like my run-in of recent weeks...but I'll spare you the details since Missouri loves company and you're in East Texas...

jharms02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
They say bad things happen in three's so you should be good to go now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals