• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger's mad at me...

TimV

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
It seems I have made my Ranger a bit unhappy. I recently purchased a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon as a fun vehicle, so I don't total the Ranger offroad. Well, I have been driving the Jeep the last couple days because I needed to take it for inspection. Went to pick up the Ranger tonight, and the passenger side wheel cylinder seems to have gone out. All the brake fluid was dribbling down the driveway out of that wheel. I've had the Ranger for 3 years now, and this is the first time I will have to repair it for something that is not directly my fault. I just hope I can get all the bleeders loose so I don't have to start replacing other stuff as well. Maybe after getting some new parts, it will be happy once again. :3gears:

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Keeping a mistress sometimes pisses the wife off.

xr75er

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998/1994/
Make / Model
ford/dodge/ford
Engine Size
2.9 stock
Transmission
Automatic
Dose Herby sound familar?

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Be careful. You truck might start squirting oil at you next. :icon_rofl:

crusin93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1998
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hey TimV. Where are you in Maryland? Always lookin' for someone new to wheel with!
From experience, I suggest you purchase and repair both l+r wheel cylinders. They only cost $10 a peice at Advance. That way you dont have to worry about the siezed bleeders or future leaks. (It will happen when you are a long, long way from the garage and your tools):(

TimV

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hey TimV. Where are you in Maryland? Always lookin' for someone new to wheel with!
From experience, I suggest you purchase and repair both l+r wheel cylinders. They only cost $10 a peice at Advance. That way you dont have to worry about the siezed bleeders or future leaks. (It will happen when you are a long, long way from the garage and your tools):(
Im from Millersville MD.

I was already planning on replacing both wheel cylinders. Otherwise I would probably be doing it again in a week.

TimV

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Got it all fixed up today. New wheel cylinders on both sides. Now I have a question.

I thought that the 7.5 axle always came with the 9 inch rear brakes? Everything I have read says that if you upgrade to an 8.8, you will get bigger brakes. When I pulled mine apart tonight, I found out I had the wrong wheel cylinders, as I bought the 9 inch versions. One emergency run to the parts store later, and I had it all back together. My Ranger might be an oddball with a 7.5 rear and a set of 10 inch brakes.

mentalbreakdown00

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Some had 9" some had 10" the main reason for doing an 8.8 swap is to get rear discs, not drums..

tbirdsps

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
The trick is to introduce the "new" vehicle slowly. And if you have to not drive the "old" vehicle for a few days you must at least acknowledge the "old" one at least once a day. A quick wash, window cleaning or just a momentary touch will do the trick.:D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals