• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

random question

nathanielstewart

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4cyl
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 94 ranger 2wd in the process of lifting(3 inch body 4 in rc) to put on 35 12.50 r15s i was wondering if i cud put 15x10s on there bc most ppl have 15x8 but i want wide offset rims still being 15s. also the skyjacker 6 inch lift coils i found are they for all rangers or 4x4 only?finnaly created a trs account ,lemme know what you think i might think of others in the future.:headbang:

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
I run a 15x10 rim with my BOGGERs, but they are a 35x14.5x15 tire. On my BFG's, which are the same size as your wanting, the 15x8 are more than enough for the tire. You will be "stretching" the 12.5 to match the width of the rim otherwise. Some do it (mainly the ricers), but for an off road truck I dunno.
15x8 (with a 35x12.5x15 BFG)

15x10 (with a 35x14.5x15 BOGGER)

I dont have a pic of a "stretched" tire, but this migh give you an idea of footprint.

nathanielstewart

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4cyl
Transmission
Automatic
thanks i appreciate it mean lookin truck man ill be there in like 10 years lol do you know about the coil springs? 1994 ford ranger skyjacker 6 inch lift coils only are 165$ but idk if they are 2wd and 4wd or just 4wd or what it fits i assume since it does not specify that it fits all rangers 1983-97 http://www.jamesoaksenterprises.com/products/skyjacker_coil_springs.htm

nathanielstewart

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4cyl
Transmission
Automatic
also where did you get that bumper? ive noticed alot of rangers with similar ones but cannot find online.did you make it?

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
I have a similar bumper and purchased it from jamesduff.com. BLOODBANE's might be Duff as well.

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, both on the Ranger and Explorer are Duff bumpers. The Ranger is the winch version. I don't know as far as the coil set up, but someone smarter than me might be able to answer that for you. Lots of knowledgeable folks here.

nathanielstewart

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4cyl
Transmission
Automatic
thanks guys appreciate all the input

nathanielstewart

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4cyl
Transmission
Automatic
went on james duff n all they had was bumpers for first and second gen rangers someone help meee lol preferably prerunner style but any pipe style bumper will do.

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
went on james duff n all they had was bumpers for first and second gen rangers someone help meee lol preferably prerunner style but any pipe style bumper will do.
You realize the ones in the pictures were only 1st and 2nd gen?

nathanielstewart

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4cyl
Transmission
Automatic
yes that's what i'm saying i need one for a 1994 and i cant find any. =(

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
IIRC, 2wd and 4x4 Rangers used different coils/coil buckets. The coils will fit, but you likely will not see the correct amount of lift. I don't exactly remember what the difference is as to if the 2wds used longer coils or what on the 2wd Rangers.

I know that my choptop started life as a 2wd Bronco II (although they were a little different than the 2wd Rangers). I believe my coil buckets on it are stamped as a 4x4 Ranger/Bronco II and 4x2 Bronco II (I probably should have got a picture of it when I cleaned the coil buckets off and saw that). The coils that were on it were 2" longer than a 4x4 BII coil to make up for the difference in axle beam height. Of course, that's an unloaded spring measurement as I have no way to measure spring rate.

But for my purposes, I knew that things would work out because I was doing some custom building to my suspension and the fact that I was starting with 4x4 coil buckets (I was able to compare the coil buckets and how they sat to both a 4x4 BII and a 4x4 Ranger at the time but I didn't have access to a 2wd Ranger to compare).

nathanielstewart

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4cyl
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the input i'm probly just going to put in the rough country springs with the coil spacers for now and find the skyjacker springs later since she's just going to be on the road for now just have to be slow on the bumps cuz they're going to be hard as a rock lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals