• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RaceRangers Build

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Oh yeah i'm definately not going as big as you lol My 4.0 ext cab 4x4 would not fly that high. After I get my coilovers and bumps mounted we gotta go mobbin. Glamis in Novemeber, thats my birthday and i'll be living 3 hours from there lol. You still lookin for bedsides?
oh ok cool, I have still never been to Glamis. Yeah I am..do you know of some?

94ranger#22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Make me an offer on mine, theye're hanneman 4.5 over. I sanded them and painted them white too. I just need some extra cash to get my engine cage built my Shawn Cassel.

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic

1997se

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 93 toyota truck with the same lift kit as you. but mine doesnt jump as high. my poor old tired 3.0 wont push it that high. any tips on how to make it jump higher with that lift? also i have blocks in the rear just like yours on stock springs, my buddy told my if i add two more in there it will help with the preload of the jump, but will look like a stink bug driving around town, any adivce?

mark-cheers from oklahoma

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If you ever get the chance go to Glamis & ocotillo wells. Those are fun places to jump and have a blast, but cops have been cracking down on certain things out there. It's all the wrong people that ruin it, but you can still have a blast.

I used to take my old 92 prerunner Ranger out there from the late 90's to early 2000's & I had so much fun. Then to cool off got back on the 8 headed towards Yuma and went to the river for a couple of days, then head back home.
thats way cool...Yeah I have always wanted to go just never made the drive. I thinks it is like 8 hrs with a trailer. maybe next spring if the truck is operable. I cant imagine the cops there being much worse than the rangers in pismo lol

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i have a 93 toyota truck with the same lift kit as you. but mine doesnt jump as high. my poor old tired 3.0 wont push it that high. any tips on how to make it jump higher with that lift? also i have blocks in the rear just like yours on stock springs, my buddy told my if i add two more in there it will help with the preload of the jump, but will look like a stink bug driving around town, any adivce?

mark-cheers from oklahoma
heh? I think you are confused

1997se

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
heh? I think you are confused
no no no. i think your confused. we both have procomp lift springs. i was told to get a national pack, which is better than your rear end. it travels 21 inches with blocks. i try to jump my truck all the time. but anything over 2 feet hurts the front end it seems like.

mark

Gates.Ranger37

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
1997se, you are very confused. get out of his forum. he's running a custom leaf pack with no block and a different hanger. his "lift" is all custom made by him and others. there's nothing procomp about it. If you want to not bottom out in the front when you jump, get a long travel kit for your front end. stink bugging is for drag racers. don't by a "national pack" unless you plan on doing the front first.

Last edited:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
damn that big jump a couple pages back is crazy.. i just looked at the whole thread from page 1 this is crazy, you got a lot of nice work in to this. keep it up

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
no no no. i think your confused. we both have procomp lift springs. i was told to get a national pack, which is better than your rear end. it travels 21 inches with blocks. i try to jump my truck all the time. but anything over 2 feet hurts the front end it seems like.

mark
he does not have pro comp springs, have you not read all the way through his build? the truck is much different then when he started. He is runnin a chevy 63 leaf spring thats been re-ached. Jumping a lift kitted truck is bad news to begin with and ive yet to see a leaf spring other than Giants 64 leaf, and possibly one others (cant remember the name) get 21" of travel. blocks wont gain you travel and shackle rotation does not count in wheel travel

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
damn that big jump a couple pages back is crazy.. i just looked at the whole thread from page 1 this is crazy, you got a lot of nice work in to this. keep it up
Thanks man, hopfully this time next year it will be an MDR competitor.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
he does not have pro comp springs, have you not read all the way through his build? the truck is much different then when he started. He is runnin a chevy 63 leaf spring thats been re-ached. Jumping a lift kitted truck is bad news to begin with and ive yet to see a leaf spring other than Giants 64 leaf, and possibly one others (cant remember the name) get 21" of travel. blocks wont gain you travel and shackle rotation does not count in wheel travel
I think he is dilusional lol ..thanks for the helpful explanation. :icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals