• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RaceRangers Build

Quasi242

January 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Congrats on the free rear end. With as much as these trucks cost, it is always great when you can get something for free. The 9" should be a huge upgrade from your 7.5. Do you daily drive your truck? If so, a full spool might be a bit much. Either way, I imagine that it will be fun to drive.

What engine and tire combo are you running with the 4:88 gears? I am looking to regear my 9.75 to 4:88. I have a 3.0 and want to upgrade from 33's to 35's with my next tire purchase. My 4:10's with 33's is a bit sluggish, I am hoping that 4:88's will be better.

Last edited:

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
and a couple more for good luck:

Last edited:

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Congrats on the free rear end. With as much as these trucks cost, it is always great when you can get something for free. The 9" should be a huge upgrade from your 7.5. Do you daily drive your truck? If so, a full spool might be a bit much. Either way, I imagine that it will be fun to drive.

What engine and tire combo are you running with the 4:88 gears? I am looking to regear my 9.75 to 4:88. I have a 3.0 and want to upgrade from 33's to 35's with my next tire purchase. My 4:10's with 33's is a bit sluggish, I am hoping that 4:88's will be better.
yeah the spool will be annoying at times since it is my dd but honestley the truck is already a PITA to drive so i will deal with it. I have a 2.3 5spd and 33's.. I like the ratio, no dragster but it moves quickly. cant wait to run 5.14's though..luckily i am already used to terrible gas mileage.

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah the spool will be annoying at times since it is my dd but honestley the truck is already a PITA to drive so i will deal with it. I have a 2.3 5spd and 33's.. I like the ratio, no dragster but it moves quickly. cant wait to run 5.14's though..luckily i am already used to terrible gas mileage.
hmmmmm, raceranger, is that number on your sig the number for fearless gear? I may need to call them up for some prices on gears, rebuild kit, axles, bigger yoke, pinion support, spool and possibly a full foater kit.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
hmmmmm, raceranger, is that number on your sig the number for fearless gear? I may need to call them up for some prices on gears, rebuild kit, axles, bigger yoke, pinion support, spool and possibly a full foater kit.
yup thats the number. If you call ask for vince, tell him you are building a race truck and that you talked t me (Alec) and he will give yo a great deal. He is willing to give away parts really cheap to desert truck scene to get his name out there in the off-road racing industry. He has been mainly dealing with dragsters and trail trucks untill I convinved him that the desert scene is where its at. We just bought a 96 4.0 extended cab that ist going to be a MDR 1450 truck hopefully within a year or two, I will be starting a thread here soon. It is going to be nice to work with a larger budget lol. Trying to decide whos front end kit to run as of now.

swickwake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
we all know tha
Engine Size
4 Point Big O
Transmission
Automatic
ales did you buy that 96 from a guy named chad. lives there in clovis

shane

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ales did you buy that 96 from a guy named chad. lives there in clovis

shane
nope..bought it of an old lady that lives next to a friend of mine lol

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yup thats the number. If you call ask for vince, tell him you are building a race truck and that you talked t me (Alec) and he will give yo a great deal. He is willing to give away parts really cheap to desert truck scene to get his name out there in the off-road racing industry. He has been mainly dealing with dragsters and trail trucks untill I convinved him that the desert scene is where its at. We just bought a 96 4.0 extended cab that ist going to be a MDR 1450 truck hopefully within a year or two, I will be starting a thread here soon. It is going to be nice to work with a larger budget lol. Trying to decide whos front end kit to run as of now.
Awesome! ill have to give him a call. hell if it means cheaper parts id be more than happy to run a good size sitcker on the side to get his name out there. Still waitin on Daves stickers to go in the side of my truck :D.

Well seein as how you built your beams and now that you have time and full fab shop to work in, why not build your own beams for the truck?? hell i even got a set of forged beams from my 84 that you can use to build off of or you could go all out and build them from scratch! Word of advice though, put some Dana 44 ends on the beam ends. you/he will regret the d35 or smaller ones after a year or less of racin.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Awesome! ill have to give him a call. hell if it means cheaper parts id be more than happy to run a good size sitcker on the side to get his name out there. Still waitin on Daves stickers to go in the side of my truck :D.

Well seein as how you built your beams and now that you have time and full fab shop to work in, why not build your own beams for the truck?? hell i even got a set of forged beams from my 84 that you can use to build off of or you could go all out and build them from scratch! Word of advice though, put some Dana 44 ends on the beam ends. you/he will regret the d35 or smaller ones after a year or less of racin.
That would be way cool...im sure we could send you one if we ship you any parts. I would maaaybe consider making the beams for this truck if i had the time. But I want the front end to be extremely strong so that we dont't have to worry about it whill running the truck. Nothing less than D44 ends will be used. We are even looking into the 2 hiem style beam ends with custom spindle. Dont want any hub probs, seems to be the most common cause for dnf's.

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That would be way cool...im sure we could send you one if we ship you any parts. I would maaaybe consider making the beams for this truck if i had the time. But I want the front end to be extremely strong so that we dont't have to worry about it whill running the truck. Nothing less than D44 ends will be used. We are even looking into the 2 hiem style beam ends with custom spindle. Dont want any hub probs, seems to be the most common cause for dnf's.
If you do custom spindles that will be pretty spendy (2-3K, could be a little less but thats what i was quoted at). I would do the d44 ends and over build as much as you can while still bein smart about it and then get to racin. From there you can find your weak points as fix those as you go. You can over build but you can also waaaaaaaay over build and sometimes thats jsut not worth the time or money.

00dangerranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 4.0
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
Great thread Guys. I live between fresno and Visalia up in the foot hills with owned access to a dry sand creek bed with a good jump for a ranger and I would be interested in reping your Fresno Co. on The back Door of my Toy Hauler, All over the Ranger, The back window of my duramax Dually. My truck will be off road only I spend a week every big holiday Mem,4th,laborday,Turkeyday at pismo interested in racing it also.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Went to another lucerne race, truck did great. post more later.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

prerunin554

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
lol yeah, hit pretty hard on the plate. didnt do any direct damage though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals