• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

puzzling... very.

85beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
BBF 460
Transmission
Manual
i have a 2.3l 4x4 5 speed ranger. i need the driver side motor mount...
they do not make a driver side for a 2.3l 4x4. they do for the 2wd, but its 100% different. so tell me. why dont they make a drivers side mount? all the books say N/A as if the truck doesnt even have the damn mount. i called at least 10 junkyards. no one has a 2.3 4x4 NO ONE! do i have some rare ranger or something? seriously. kinda irritating. for now its got a bolt welded in place to keep the engine from twisting around.

any ideas why?

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Take your old mount and fill it with... can't remember what it's called, but there is a product for this. It'll make it stiff and you'll get more vibration from the motor, but it's designed for higher horsepower applications, so you'll be set. The 2.3 4x4's are kinda rare, I'd love to have one as a daily driver. I'd trade my Mazda for a stock one in really, really good condition.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
When we did a motor swap on my buddies truck we just used the rubber from a passenger side mount, it was exactly the same.

85beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
BBF 460
Transmission
Manual
Take your old mount and fill it with... can't remember what it's called, but there is a product for this. It'll make it stiff and you'll get more vibration from the motor, but it's designed for higher horsepower applications, so you'll be set. The 2.3 4x4's are kinda rare, I'd love to have one as a daily driver. I'd trade my Mazda for a stock one in really, really good condition.
its holding til when/if i get a new mount. if you find out what the stuffs called. let me know

85beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
BBF 460
Transmission
Manual
When we did a motor swap on my buddies truck we just used the rubber from a passenger side mount, it was exactly the same.
i ordered the pass and it didnt match at all. the company didnt make the right mount cuz it said it was driver side. but both driver and passenger were the same. neither were anywhere near close

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Okay, I went and looked it up since I like your truck. "3M Window Weld" is the stuff that people used. i had thought there was an actual product for this, but apparently it's just that. I would only do this on a mount that had the safety bolt that goes through it, not on a cheap aftermarket one that is held together only by the rubber and glue. I would think it would tear easy or something.

85beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
BBF 460
Transmission
Manual
Okay, I went and looked it up since I like your truck. "3M Window Weld" is the stuff that people used. i had thought there was an actual product for this, but apparently it's just that. I would only do this on a mount that had the safety bolt that goes through it, not on a cheap aftermarket one that is held together only by the rubber and glue. I would think it would tear easy or something.
i made my own safety pin.... lol. gotta love growing up with a welder!

ill have to go check it out.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
i ordered the pass and it didnt match at all. the company didnt make the right mount cuz it said it was driver side. but both driver and passenger were the same. neither were anywhere near close
Well heres exactly what we did...we put a '92 2.3l into a '85 2.3l powered truck. We did this because he owned both trucks and the '92 was hit by a drunk in a parking lot a few weeks prior. When we did the swap, both trucks had bad drivers mounts, after not being able to find a new mount, we looked at the passenger mount from the '92, and found it to be the same as the drivers mount on the '85.

Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.

clvanhorn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
weld it solid!

85beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
BBF 460
Transmission
Manual
Well heres exactly what we did...we put a '92 2.3l into a '85 2.3l powered truck. We did this because he owned both trucks and the '92 was hit by a drunk in a parking lot a few weeks prior. When we did the swap, both trucks had bad drivers mounts, after not being able to find a new mount, we looked at the passenger mount from the '92, and found it to be the same as the drivers mount on the '85.

Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.
2.3 92 same as 2.3 85? is it the straight hydraulic or the one at a 45* angle?

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

85beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
BBF 460
Transmission
Manual

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
nope. no one gets the bottom stud should be up and to the left of the guide pin.
Did you scroll through the last link there were two more further down.

85beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
BBF 460
Transmission
Manual
Did you scroll through the last link there were two more further down.
yeah none are correct. ive ordered 3 different ones. the manufacturer has either mixed up the boxing or didnt make the correct part cuz i ordered 2 of the 2786 and both were different. and the 2785 was the same as the second 2786 i got

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
the earlier 2.3's used a different mount, you might need the engine cross member bracket from a newer 4x4 2.3 ranger. On the newer ones the drivers and passenger side are the same, but one is upside down from the other. The older ones were a rubber wedge deal where the newer ones are a 4" diameter piece of rubber with studs sticking out either end.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals