• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

project rangerII

redneckracerx

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
first gens
Make / Model
Ford right?
Engine Size
anything but stock
Transmission
Manual
I need some insight on a frame off restoration/revamp. I've had my 87 bronco2 since 97, I cant part with it she's my baby. I've been driving the wife's 88 standard cab shortbox as my daily driver for almost a year now. I like the standard cab but can't stand that its a 4cyl 2wd. What I want to do is put a standard cab on my B2 chassis with a short flat bed. I also figure that since I'm going through the motions why not strip the frame por-15 it and spruce it up a bit. I have two options that I can think of to due this. After finding a good donor first gen standard cab I can either A) strip down the B2 and start piecing it all back together. Or B) I can get a donor B2 strip it to the frame build all my body mounts and flat bed on the donor frame, then swap my parts over. Which way is better? I know there's people out there that have done this. Any info on what to look out for? Thanks!

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
the ranger cab will literally sit on to the bII frame withh all of the mounts matching except for the rear mounts, which you will be able to grind the heads off the rivets and move them forward on the frame to where they need to be and then drill the frame where the rivet holes were on the mounts and use 1/2" grade 8 bolts to bolt the mount to the frame (which is even stronger than the stock rivets are)

your steering shaft will work, brake master cylinder will bolt right on, electical will all work (only parts not attatched to the cab are the taillights, and fuel pump/sender)........this is a seriously easy swap that has been done, over and over again (you'll find a lot of threads here with extended cab ranger bodies on bII frames)

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I need some insight on a frame off restoration/revamp. I've had my 87 bronco2 since 97, I cant part with it she's my baby. I've been driving the wife's 88 standard cab shortbox as my daily driver for almost a year now. I like the standard cab but can't stand that its a 4cyl 2wd. What I want to do is put a standard cab on my B2 chassis with a short flat bed. I also figure that since I'm going through the motions why not strip the frame por-15 it and spruce it up a bit. I have two options that I can think of to due this. After finding a good donor first gen standard cab I can either A) strip down the B2 and start piecing it all back together. Or B) I can get a donor B2 strip it to the frame build all my body mounts and flat bed on the donor frame, then swap my parts over. Which way is better? I know there's people out there that have done this. Any info on what to look out for? Thanks!
Darn, Bro......that girl is just really sick looking. That is just gross over sized fake tits!!!!!!!! Just hope I never see them when she's OLD!!!!

low_five

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Darn, Bro......that girl is just really sick looking. That is just gross over sized fake tits!!!!!!!! Just hope I never see them when she's OLD!!!!
Someone ban this guy for posting stuff that is personally offensive to me. He is obviously on drugs.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
I second that motion. Oh wait......it is straycat so never mind.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I second that motion. Oh wait......it is straycat so never mind.
Hey, guys, I resemble that remark!!!! lol

Well, I knew this babe in HC when she was 17 and she was built like that. Man....eye candy galore (that was her last name). When she was 30....."Hang Low Magilicutty' was her new name!!!!!!!

low_five

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got her number? Hook a brother up.

redneckracerx

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
first gens
Make / Model
Ford right?
Engine Size
anything but stock
Transmission
Manual
:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

Has anyone heard of or seen a first generation green and tan Eddie Baure standard cab?

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You put up an Avatar like that and don't expect to get razzed? Chill man - it's part of the game.

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

Has anyone heard of or seen a first generation green and tan Eddie Baure standard cab?
Nope, I don't recall ever seeing an R1 (1st gen Ranger) with the Eddie Bauer package.

redneckracerx

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
first gens
Make / Model
Ford right?
Engine Size
anything but stock
Transmission
Manual
You put up an Avatar like that and don't expect to get razzed? Chill man - it's part of the game.
It's been my avatar for a few years now... Figured everyone had seen it. Guess not, no biggie:icon_thumby:

Since my B2 is an E.B. I think I would paint the standard cab to be a E.B. What do you think?

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals