• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project: LOWrange

IRKillroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Semper Fidelis
that's usually the case right?! haha.

it'll make it easier to do, since you're gonna have to calibrate the gauges... might as well do it with the engine you're gonna have in the rest of it's life.

83bagged

January 2010 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
o yea, well that 302 should be so sick though! man i cant wait. im gonna start pulling my 2.3 and tranny sunday, i hope to get it all out. HOPEFULLY I CAN

how much would you ask for a really good 2.3 and tranny? yes it truley only has like 33K on it... no im not lying

wvcat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm with everybody else and love the fab work on the bed but to take it a little further I also love the fact of how stock looking it is. The bumpers, wheels and 2-tone paint really make it work. If I had to say anything negative it would be the fuel cell looks out of place and just doesn't flow with the rest of the truck. Awesome work man.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
If you get a price on that 2.3 I'm interested

-plumcrazy

IRKillroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Semper Fidelis
depends on the tranny man.... which kind is it.... the 2.3 is a hot commodity now-a-days... I'd check the core prices at the local parts store and add 30%... that's a fair price me thinks... mind you that's assuming the accessories are not on it.

if you want to let those go you should price them all out seperately and take 40% off of the reman price... adding it to the engine price...

I hope this gives you a good base price...

oh yeah, the wiring harness and computer should be thrown in for a nominal charge... like free.

83bagged

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm with everybody else and love the fab work on the bed but to take it a little further I also love the fact of how stock looking it is. The bumpers, wheels and 2-tone paint really make it work. If I had to say anything negative it would be the fuel cell looks out of place and just doesn't flow with the rest of the truck. Awesome work man.
o i know man. im replacing it with a "keg looking" cell when i get my 302 in. i hate the way it looks to

83bagged

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
depends on the tranny man.... which kind is it.... the 2.3 is a hot commodity now-a-days... I'd check the core prices at the local parts store and add 30%... that's a fair price me thinks... mind you that's assuming the accessories are not on it.

if you want to let those go you should price them all out seperately and take 40% off of the reman price... adding it to the engine price...

I hope this gives you a good base price...

oh yeah, the wiring harness and computer should be thrown in for a nominal charge... like free.
hmmm thanks dude. well i want to sell all of it. the ac compressor is bad, but everything else works perfect. and i dont have any computer or harness really. i have a 1 barrel carb lol. runs fine.

oh, and check out my v8 thread, i took out my driveshaft, and the yoke slid right into the C4 tailshaft. so would that mean that its a C5 tranny? i know that was the automatic tranny offered in 83. they didnt offer the A4LD until like 85?

83bagged

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you get a price on that 2.3 I'm interested

-plumcrazy
ok no prob dude. but i imagine shipping would be rediculous. but when i do get the motor and tranny out ill take some pics and post em up

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Thanks, I didn't even think to look at your location. Maybe I will make it a vacation and drive down.lol

-Plumcrazy

snoopjonnyjon

01/2013 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Interesting to find this thread, as I am about to section down a 63 savoy dash to fit into my 92!

83bagged

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Interesting to find this thread, as I am about to section down a 63 savoy dash to fit into my 92!
lol.

sounds sick bro! post up some pics when you start, i have TONS of pics of this thing.

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
NICE...

Do you do this type of work or is this just for fun ?

How's the 302 swap and what kit, if any, are you planning on using for the swap.?

83bagged

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
NICE...

Do you do this type of work or is this just for fun ?

How's the 302 swap and what kit, if any, are you planning on using for the swap.?
well id love to do this as my only job, but i work on a pipeline. ive worked in fab shops alot and went to trade school for welding. after that i started college and did 3 years in a construction degree, but wanted to start making money to get a house and this truck out of the way! lol hehe

well after this ill go back and finish my last year of college, and HOPEFULLY do this alot on the side then

oh and no kit on the swap. ive just been buying parts that im sure ill need. here are you some pics

oh and yes im going to clean ALL of that mess up! the fluid has been gone, but right now im working on the firewall and frame. motor mounts are already off, and the blower box is half out lol

i have more parts now, but no pics yet

and then the motor almost done

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
WHATT!!!! Everything is so nice and shiny and your vacuum advance looks like it went down with the Titanic.

Lookin' good yo!

83bagged

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
LMAO! yea i know. i just odered a chrom one and i still havent got my new MSD cap and rotor yet. thats coming after i get it in the truck though

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals