• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

pos. ex. (rant)

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Perhaps I should have put this in the tailgate. Now I'm really peed off. Last week I had to get rid of my beloved b2 due to a terminal rust problem, but the thing was reliable to the last, it started first time when it was time to go to the wrecker. So today I pick up my daughter and grandson to do a few things, shopping, Timmy Hortons etc. It started without issue at each place so I drop my daughter off and dog-gone it, it won't start, Sounds like the starter is being stalled (as if the motor has way too much advance on the timing). Try to bump start it as the driveway has a slope to it. No go, and now the @##$$% is sideways in the middle of the street. My old b2 would have started so easily under the same circumstances. Took myself, my daughter and some nice guy who was walking down the street to get the @#$%^ back into the driveway, gee that thing is heavy. It's been pretty warm here today, almost 75f, perhaps it didn't like it, it was not overheated though. I'm pretty sure the problem lies in the starter and that's a fairly expensive item around these parts. To cheer me up even more, when I arrive home, my boss (the wife) tells me her computer will not go on line. As she often works from home it has to take priority over everything else, supper might pre-empt it but it depends how hungry she is I guess. And there's no more tea in the pot grrrr. Rant off.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
wow, try a bicycle, if there is an issue with those, it has an open engine bay, and a self-check engine XD

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm tuning up my bike right now.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
my boss (the wife) tells me.....
Dude your the king of your castle, seriously need to learn to use a club.

It COULD be the starter, the starter solenoid, corroded connections, bad wire, or the Battery.

....and what is the model of the vehicle that failed?

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
Dude your the king of your castle, seriously need to learn to use a club.

It COULD be the starter, the starter solenoid, corroded connections, bad wire, or the Battery.

....and what is the model of the vehicle that failed?
Based on the thread title I think it's a 91 Explorer. "pos. ex." = "Piece of $*%& Explorer". And, that's the other vehicle listed under his name. Man, I'm like Sherlock Holmes or something. :icon_twisted:

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Sherlock Holmes indeed. The battery is a new 1100cca so I'm pretty sure it's not the problem. On a brighter note I did get the bosses computer going, got my bike going also. Of course now it's dark, cold and bloody raining. Enough frustration for today, I'm going to turn on the tv and watch the soccer.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Use the lawn mower!

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
And the rant continues. This morning I tour the local j/y's with the same result, an explorer with a manual transmission? never seen one. This is really starting to piss me off. So I guess that's that until next week so it's either the bike or the lawn mower, neither is very comfortable in the rain.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, the only manual explorer I've ever seen is mine, but it's badged as a mazda. I'd check the battery terminals, tighten them down a little. Maybe even spray some terminal cleaner on 'em. If not that, try jump starting it, new battery or not.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I have seen quite a few, a lot of neighbors of mine have exploders or f150's, and about 2 or 3 have standard exploders.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals