• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

pittman arm

xgenralxleex01x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
has anyone used there stock pitman arm on a 4" ift? if so any commints

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Yes, not advisable. You'll likely have a hard time keeping it on the road, not to mention keeping the tread on your tires. A drop pitman arm is a must at 3" lift and higher (a couple sources out there may disagree at 3", but I say otherwise. The angle of your steering linkage has by far the greatest impact on tire wear with these suspensions).

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Not to thread jack but while on the subject of pitman arms, is there a difference between the drop and steering box hook-up/splines from an f-150, f250 or Broncho pitamn arm and a Gen 1 rangers? I would have to hate to pay an arm and a leg for a new one from skyjacker and hopping (doubtful but thats why I'm asking) that the f-150 or broncho might have more drop to it and might work. Now that I remember mt trucks steering box came off a Broncho but cant remember anything about the pitman arm. Going JY sometime after Christmas and just need some info on that if anybody can.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Not to thread jack but while on the subject of pitman arms, is there a difference between the drop and steering box hook-up/splines from an f-150, f250 or Broncho pitamn arm and a Gen 1 rangers? I would have to hate to pay an arm and a leg for a new one from skyjacker and hopping (doubtful but thats why I'm asking) that the f-150 or broncho might have more drop to it and might work. Now that I remember mt trucks steering box came off a Broncho but cant remember anything about the pitman arm. Going JY sometime after Christmas and just need some info on that if anybody can.
The splines on all Ford truck boxes are the same '80-'97.

The longest drop stock pitman arm available would be the Highrider STX Ranger arm (same drop as most typical aftermarket drop arms).
F-150/fullsize Broncos have the least dropped arms (same arm as 2WD Ranger).
Standard Ranger 4x4 arms are right in between the above two.
The Skyjacker #FA600 arm is 2" dropped over the Ranger STX Highrider arm.

This makes a total of 4 available arm drops each in 2" increments. 2, 3, & 4 are shown here.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals