• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Picked up a junk f350 7.3

birdmanslopy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
picked up a running but in a collision 4x4 7.3 1999 for 700$ from a guy today.
think anything off this beast could be swapped to my 1994 ranger? shocks leafs anything? i wanna get ideas to spiffen it up.
im 2wd of course and thought straight axle swap but i dunno.
lets get creative here

Last edited:

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
agreed lol. Yeah guy on here started one and actually got the motor in there with some trans tunnel mods. username is billydesiel

02 ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002, 2008
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l, 6.4l
Transmission
Automatic
picked up a running but in a collision 4x4 7.3 1999 for 700$ from a guy today.
think anything off this beast could be swapped to my 1994 ranger? shocks leafs anything? i wanna get ideas to spiffen it up.
im 2wd of course and thought straight axle swap but i dunno.
lets get creative here
700 bucks for a 7.3!! O You struck gold lol. I would buy that motor off of you for 1000 bucks on the spot lol. Take the turbo off of it and sell it to me!100 bucks

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
Awesome deal!!!
I have a 7.3 F350 with 243K miles on it. No problems ever, not even in 20below weather. Not sure what fits easily, but I would like to know.

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
well to answer your question....plz upgrade springs hahah.....you will be bottoming out the suspension.....have fun with it and good luck on the tire man

birdmanslopy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yea its a beast, extended cab ac still works lol clean interior but the guy didnt know... i kinda feel bad but oh well.
i mean the bumper is bent to heck condenser and radiator are touching the water pump but the frame seems straight and the hoods a lil bent lol.

ima do some measuring and see if the leafs will work with my truck, they got some big blocks on the rear also.

ill sell the motor and tranny for 2k cash come rip her out if you want, you can hear her run :)
sooo many ideas to do to this thing! ill put pics up of what she looks like next time i go out west where i got her on my friends ranch

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
id fix it:icon_welder: its well worth it if its fixable then sell it or keep to tow with.

birdmanslopy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
id fix it:icon_welder: its well worth it if its fixable then sell it or keep to tow with.
well my thought was just pulling the cab and making a platform buggy because i dont know how bad the frame is just yet underneath.
the guy claims he got in a front end wreck at 30 mph about, no airbags were deployed or anything but the front end deffently needs some attention.

but even if that was 3 grand it would be a 3700$ 99 f350 so i see where you coming at lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals