• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Photos of 95 Splash / Question about 2" coils?

john169blue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone have any photos of a Splash lowered with only 2" coils??

These are just a few photos I have of the truck on my work computer. Its a factory 2WD, 1995 Splash, 4.0 that I bought new in 1995. I drove the $h!7 out of it back in the day. Now its just my "run to Home Depot" truck. It mostly stays parked in the garage unless I need to haul something. I also keep it spotless clean most of the time. The truck is mostly stock other than wheels, flowmaster, roll pan, and some window tint.

The wheels are custom American Racing Torque Thrust II. I have them wrapped in 245-50-16 in the back and 225-50-16 up front.

I bought a set of 2" lowering springs off ebay a couple years ago, but then I was told by a guy that has lowered a couple of Rangers, that I have to have I beams. So I just scrapped the idea and kept the springs.

It has recently been brought to my attention that I can lower the front of my truck 2 inches with a set of coil springs only.

I DO NOT want to go with the 3" beams. I think that's just too low for what I use it for. I would also like to keep a bit of a "rake" look. Id like to lower the back about 2" (no more than 3") as well.

It already sits about an inch lower than other 2WD Rangers becasue it is a Splash. Does that mean 2" coils will only lower it an inch? :icon_confused:

I figured Id check with some of you Ranger experts :icon_thumby:

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
nice looking truck, love the rims

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
yup the 2" ranger drop coils will only lower the splash 1 more inch and gets it pretty close to the max of the alignment eccentrics in the beams.

john169blue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
yup the 2" ranger drop coils will only lower the splash 1 more inch and gets it pretty close to the max of the alignment eccentrics in the beams.
Interesting... Thanks for the reply. What about the rear? Any suggestions on the best way to lower the back and still maintain a bit of a rake look? :icon_confused:

French2007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Truck looks AWESOME! I'm kind of partial though as I have basically the exact same truck, but a '94. Your giving me some ideas now.

-French

rat_ranger

December 2009 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
to lower the back and keep some rake flip the shackles, if it is a little too low after that go to the junkyard and get regular ranger leafs to bring it up an inch or use 1in blocks.

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
yep shackle flip for 2 inshes or flip kit for 4" are your rear options unless you add a block which will lift it unless a flip kit is installed which will lower it more.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals