• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PCV valve connection pic

Ger42

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
How is the PCV valve supposed to be connected?
Anyone got a pic? This is mine. Hard plastic hose into a clear rubber house with a black rubber hose into the clear with the PCV in the black rubber hose.

[/IMG]

How do you get the hose connected to the intake off. Seems to be a hard tube in it and not enough room to pull it off. Do I have to remove the upper intake?
[/IMG]

Thanks in advance for any help

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't know why no one else has answered but it looks to me like you're far away from the PCV valve. The PCV valve pops right off the top of the valve cover and requires no tools for installation or removal. It's supposed to look more like this:

Metal part goes into the valve cover.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
somebody rigged a bypass to your pcv valve, i can tell u that much yours is newer than mine, what yr is that? you do have room to take the rubber hose off of the plastic intake tube, the tube on the upper plenum does not come out if im not mistaken.

Ger42

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The problem I have is the plastic part on the top hose is a larger size then the top of the PCV valve. I'm thinking there is a hose that goes on the top that narrows down to the size that fits the PCV.
Year is 2002

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well if that really is the PCV valve then rurouni has to be right about someone having rigged something... that looks like a 4.0 PCV valve with the metal pipe coming out of it like that.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
it is a 3.0 pcv valve, and they have 2 hoses on the, a smaller on top and a larger that goes to the other. somebody rigged the crap out of that thinking it would help, the hose on the plenum can be removed, id look at another trk of similar yr or an escape (plastic plenum) and see how its made. personally what i would do is get the hose off the plenum out the hole in the valve cover, make a reducer to fit the large end of the new pcv valve, and put the small hose where it belongs on the upper prong of the new pcv valve, problem solved. somebody bypassed your pcv entirely w/ rubber hoses, they took the big hose from the plenum (the correct one) and put a larger piece onto it via hose clamp, then tied the small one into that hose, then shoved that end into your valve cover.

Ger42

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Believe it or not there is a PCV valve under all of that. Here is the old one. I put in a new valve and rigged it up like I found it. Look on the first photo under the clip is the PCV.

[/IMG]

Last edited:

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome yet another new motivational image to the web:

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
+1 and thats a good one...lol :icon_cheers: i thought i seen where one was just modded to crap.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals