• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Party Time Lounge Build!

Noflers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I was thinking about how to secure my bed to the frame because the bed is rusted out around the two bolts closest to the bed. I decided I was going to send the mounting bolts through a 48"x8"x3/4" piece of plywood. This brought back memories of when I wanted to turn my bed w/canopy into a 2-3 person lounge with custom fit cushions around the sides from wheel well to wheel well. This would be perfect for a temporary fix, and my dream lounge!

I then became completely obsessed with the idea. I took all the necessary measurements and started to figure out the materials I was going to need.

It's going to need a slanted back support to the cab wall side. I could have two small tables by building boxes over the wheel wells. Of course I'll have to put a hinge on the top to I can use it for tools, or whatever will fit since there won't be much space in there. The slanted backrest won't be able to go all the way across the width because I definitely need a cushion that will fit flush with the tables and up against the backrest. Oh, and if all the walls are going to be finished so nicely I might as well cover the ribs of the bed floor with a piece of wood and throw a nice thick piece of foam on that with some zebra print upholstery wrapping it.

Okay, kidding about the zebra print, I'll probably a deep blue to match the truck.

While I was at the local Fred Meyer, which is being remodeled I noticed they were selling 3"x30"x70" *foam padding for $20 each (half the price of the padding at the fabric store. I decided three would be plenty for the job. Next I went to Parr Lumber and picked up a sheet of 1/2" fir plywood and a 2"x4" and had them rip out my rough cuts.

I plan on doing this over the next couple weeks and thought I'd start a build thread on it. Hope everyone finds this as exciting as I do!

Last edited:

Noflers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I still need about another half sheet of wood to finish the floor and build the boxes, but I do have the foam so I'll show that next...

Attachments

Noflers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well due to popular demand, here's a photo of the finished floor... I think I'm going to ditch the rubber mat underneath because it weighs about as much as the plywood I'm putting back there and don't want the bed weighed down more than it needs to be.

Attachments

Last edited:

The_Epsicle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Pushrod V6
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
All hail the mighty ziptie!
Looks good, I wanted to do something like this with my truck but I'm 6'1" and I have a short bed so it really doesn't look like I'd be comfortable anyway I would build it. If I had the money I would have that back space pimped out with a dual battery setup running a mini fridge, lights and a sound system. That was the plan anyway, it probably won't happen with this truck, every time I focus on something nonessential like the A/C or the radio the truck decides to throw a hard ball at me and break a critical system.

Noflers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I can definitely relate. There's always something to fix or upgrade, haha. Tomorrow I'm going to go pick up the fabric for the foam, still not sure what finish/color I'll use.

Oh, and I'm 5'6" so I could probably lay horizontally and be comfortable.

Noflers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

There's the finished "table", everything should be done this weekend!

Noflers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Coming together, I've got the fabric roughed out now I just need to get it pulled tight and it's good...

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Looks alright. Where's the cup holders?

Noflers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Lol, they're coming. Figure I can fit at least twelve beers on both of those tables.

Noflers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Finally got around to painting the interior of the canopy and the wooden tables. Getting everything taped up to give the trim pieces a fresh coat of paint tomorrow.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals