• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

paint ideas

nate09

Reaction score
just added another color to my truck and im not sure what the final color should be when i get around to painting it. ive been contemplating satin black, the red the bed is, or the original blue. if someone could "paint" my truck to help me decide id greatly appreciate it.

i need to take better pics of the truck tomorrow and ill put them up then.

satin black (for reference)

Last edited:

nate09

Reaction score
pics of my truck. the red on the bed and the blue on the cab are 3 of the colors im considering.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Keep the blue, that way I can have a twin.:D

-plumcrazy

wvcat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I say the black...

nate09

Reaction score
well i decided on the satin black. already started on the hood and drivers fender. probably do the cab next and do the box after i finish fixing the bedside.

mixwell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well even tho you decided already, I decided to try and comply with your requests.. Hell I even tried to do a lighter shade of blue and I even added a green color for the hell of it.. Tell me what ya think. Personally I think the lighter blue at the bottom looks pretty ****ing clean.. Anyways dude hope this gives you some more perspective.

rngr4x4beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
wrong truck mixwell he wanted the ranger painted lol the other truck was wat he wanted on the ranger

mrfishjosh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Ok, I gotta say it... DAMN GOOD JOB M8!!!! That looks great, I know its the wrong truck but you did a fantastic job... So I gotta know how you did it, what tools u used?Create a new layer with just the paint able areas and... im barley an amateur at phrotoshop. and trying to better my skilz.. So your input would be greatly appreciated.

mixwell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, I gotta say it... DAMN GOOD JOB M8!!!! That looks great, I know its the wrong truck but you did a fantastic job... So I gotta know how you did it, what tools u used?Create a new layer with just the paint able areas and... im barley an amateur at phrotoshop. and trying to better my skilz.. So your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thats for the compliment dude but I am FAR from even close to an expert on PS.. Here is what I did though...

Copied the background layer for editing, made a new layer and went to edit, select color range (on the new layer) edited as much of the color of the truck selection, then I went to the paint bucket and filled it in with whatever color I wanted. The parts I missed I just went around with the paint brush (using the same color) until I got all of the truck painted. It will look like crap at full opacity but you can turn it down and then use the eraser tool to go over the lines of the truck to clean it up.

Once you do that then all you have to do is turn the opacity (on the new layer that has the color selection and color you want all the way back up) then you look above your layers and you will see a drop down box with "normal" selected. You want to change that to overlay and then it will look realistic. If the color is off again you can just go to the solid color only selected layer and go back into the edit, select color range and click it and since the color is all one solid one you can select it easy and then go to the paint color button to change it. you can also adjust that layer by going to adjustments, hue saturation I believe.

Damn its a bltch to explain it and I could show you in like 1 minute if you could see what I see. I hope that kinda explains it to ya. BTW I have only been using PS about 6 months and I don't really use it that often if that helps. I would suggest going to youtube and typing in like "photoshop car color change" and you can get a better idea. Good luck dude :icon_thumby:

mixwell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
wrong truck mixwell he wanted the ranger painted lol the other truck was wat he wanted on the ranger
Well at least there is a bad ass 50s ford with 4 different color schemes :icon_twisted: haha thats what I get for not reading the post and just going ape sht with the first picture I saw :icon_rofl:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals