• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

P0446 Emission Control System Code

ochoam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I have a P0446 code that I am unable to resolve. P0446 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction.

Looking at other resources the code points to the vent valve solenoid. I confirmed the 20A fuse is in place and that the connector for the vent solenoid is receiving 12volts when the key is in the 'on' position. I did not see any obvious holes in the hose or connecter wires, but there was considerable rust and debris around (located in the midwest).

After replacing the vent valve solenoid, I am still receiving a P0446 check engine code.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

ochoam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
My code will only come on occasionally, but due to the amount of charcoal that came out when I changed the valve I'm going to replace the canister as well.

Also never knew gas levels cause your emission system to check more/less frequently.

ochoam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Replacement OEM canister from a Ford dealer was also leaking charcoal out of the box. Sounded like gravel wis in the box when I picked it up initially.

Round 2 of ordering a replacement will be with Rockauto.

Anyone have a 'fix' for charcoal coming out of the canister?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals