• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

opinions needed

FX4OffRoad1992

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
ok so I have an '04 super cab ranger. I already have camo seat covers (not the cheapo wal-mart specials) and am thinking about new headliner and carpets. Now I know this doesn't sound like something that most of you would reccomend.. but i was in the wal-mart automotive department the other day and saw that they had rolls of mossy-oak "automotive replacement carpet". :shok:<-- the look on my face! now I was wanting to just completely camoflague the entire interior of the truck, headliner, carpet, seats, and possibly even dash and door panels... but do y'all think that this would be too much camo? I'm a real big hunter and love camoflague.. down to the max4 bed suit and shower curtain :icon_rofl: but I would like any opinions as to whether this would be just TOO MUCH camo or not. Thanks!

Hypnotic Toast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6
Transmission
Automatic
I'd personally think it was too much camo, but to each their own.

The one thing I think to myself before doing a mod, if I ever happen to sell my Ranger, is imagine what a potential buyer will think when they open the door. What do you think an entirely camo'd interior would say, haha.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i say go for it. interiors are probably the easiest to retrofit with basic colors if you ever do decide to sell it. just use good prep work and a really good automotive adhesive for putting it on.
have fun with your project!

FX4OffRoad1992

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I'd personally think it was too much camo, but to each their own.

The one thing I think to myself before doing a mod, if I ever happen to sell my Ranger, is imagine what a potential buyer will think when they open the door. What do you think an entirely camo'd interior would say, haha.
haha, i can only imagine! "dumb redneck probly half blew this thing up in a mud hole":icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
but then again, as strvger said, it would be fairly easy to replace with basic colors if i ever did decide to sell...

anyone ever replaced carpet in their truck? how hard is this to do.. I've seen the other posts on replacing headliner and I think I can do that pretty easily, but not so sure about the carpet.

Last edited:

garyl

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 4 banger
Transmission
Automatic
No such thing as too much camo, do it, post pics.:clapping:

02SuperXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Be careful, if you dress in your camo to go hunting, you might get lost inside the truck. ;-) As far as I know, changing carpet is easier than changing the headliner.
Thanks, Jeff

Last edited:

93_RangerSC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i say go with black carpet and dash but put camo on the headliner, visors, cloth on the door panel, and get them mossy oak floormats.

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Be careful, if you dress in your camo to go hunting, you might get lost inside the truck. ;-) As far as I know, changing carpet is easier than changing the headliner.
Thanks, Jeff

This was good for the best laugh I've ever gotten from this site. Thanks.

Personally I'd do a couple of different camo styles to break up the lines inside a little bit. maybe a mil-camo on the floor and headliner with mossy oak or whatever everywhere else, or vice-versa

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals