• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Oil Pan Gasket sucks

basilfaulty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Oil pan gasket sucks on the 3.0. I bought a Fel Pro gasket...says no need for sealer, gives you these snal in pieces to properly aling it and all this crap. It leaks! Guess I won't believe that again. I would much rather have the old 4 piece styel gasket! I guess I have to almost pull the motor to try to seal it up. It is leaking at the rear lip. Sucks because the motor was out when I changed the gasket!

john93rangerstx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i just used sealent and did not use a gasket on my 4.0 and has not leaked in a 1year let it sit for a day befour i put oil in it

basilfaulty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i just used sealent and did not use a gasket on my 4.0 and has not leaked in a 1year let it sit for a day befour i put oil in it
I usually put sealant at the end lips....this set said not to so I figured i would try it....never do that again!

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Felpro has a Permadry Plus gasket which is the newer style of gasket for the 3.0 (There are TSBs recommending the switch to the new style).

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=543372

It is a one piece gasket. I did mine last summer, I *believe* it came with RTV and they have you RTV the corners. I at least know I put RTV on and have not had any leaks so far. It also comes with the longer bolts that you need.

basilfaulty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So today I dropped the front diff and pulled the pan to seal it. I have new hub bearings and camber kits to put in anyway so only a few more bolts to drop the diff. Pan comes out fairly easily after that. I put sealer around the front and rear lip and put it back up. I'll fill it tomorrow and see if it leaks again. If it doesn't leak I'll put it all back together with the new hub bearings and camber kits etc.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals