• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

OHC Mods?

afgunn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75R15
Doug904 has a very good post on "How to build a 4.0 OHV for power", but is there a similar article for the OHC? I had to do some research on OHV, because for me OHVs were all the engines made after the "flat heads"! Telling my age!

I did some looking but did not see much on upgrading the intake or exhaust on the 4.0L (244ci) OHC engines, which I think would help and would be in much need. Are parts available? My 4.3L S10 (262ci) and the 4.6L (280ci) Mustang both had much larger intake paths. However, I am a bit surprised as OHC engines usually do not have much low end torque, but this engine has plenty of torque in the low range? The Mustangs (4.6 - 5.0) certainly do not! Neither did the LT4 Corvette engine which gave birth to the LS engines. At 207hp this engine definitely has noticeably more power than my S10 at 180hp. I would not have thought that 27hp was so noticeable, but my 21 year old S10 was probably not at 180hp any more.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Moranav6racing.com

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals