• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

now that's a bit of a stretch...

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok,on the procedure i'll start with some history.there's lot's of these f350 crews littering the logging roads of this island since logging went belly up a bit ago.i got two(a 94 and a 96-regi on the 94)that had been sitting for about 5 years in trade for some paint work on a logging truck hood.they were both pretty rough,but the 94 was rust free,and so a good base.stripped her down to bare bones,did the body and paint(with a little tinkering it ran fine)and ran it as a normal crew for a while....but i had this idea,an extra truck,and took some measurements to see if it was feasible.the key is that the back edge of the front doors and the back edge of the back doors have the same profile,so they can be stacked.the trick was to create an opening identical to the back door opening in the middle which was done by cutting the cab on the donor truck in the middle of the front door and removing the rear cab.the main truck was cut in the middle of the rear door,so that when they were put together(after very carefull measuring and on the already stretched frame)i had my third opening.the rear floor pan on the crew is the same as the front,so these lined up perfectly.the center fill panels are just rear doors with the windows filled in,held by the latches and hinges-but dont open.they are however very easilly removed for better access to service the stereo stuff or middle seats.ford used the same rear shaft as the standard cab but with a 3' second section for the crew-i just added another section from the donor to make a 3 piece drive shaft-lined her up good and it does 100 mph on the highway vibration free(you didn't hear that from me:D)the roof is still a bit rough at the seam,but it's being cut out anr replaced with the roof from an explorer soon.it's just the right size to replace the courigated middle section on the 350,and it has the power sunroof.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
side view shows it a bit better.....but you can see the downside of prepainting all the body parts-the match on the new parts isn't quite perfect,but i'm not too worried as i have more plans for it that will require more painting anyway-it'll get fixed then.

Last edited:

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I thought about doing this. I have 5 kids and it's hard to find a vehicle that fits us. I modified a 4-passenger seat from a 2010 Clubwagon so I seat 7. I am glad I didn't extend my wheelbase. My brother's weddign was in downtown Cincinati and I was surprised to find, while following everyone else, that the rehearsal dinner was at Via Vite at Fountain Square and we were heading down into the parking garage. I barely made it--like 3-point turns to get around the corners--and took up 2 spots because there wasn't enough room to swing it in straight into a spot. We also had to switch ballet schools for my girls because my truck won't fit in any of the downtown spots near the old school.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
know what you mean.....if i was still in the city i would have never done this.got lots of turning room here,but i wonder how those limo drivers do it.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
this is awesome. you have to be the most interesting man ever. you have so much awesome stuff

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
tell the wife that.........but seriously,thanks,man.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Washed the truck today,thought i would show off the faux carbon fiber paint job on the hood and grill.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
also did some work on the sub box-those are 6.5" subs from explorer systems.made by jbl,they may be small but they can handle about 300 watts(double voice coil)there are three in this box.total is 23 speakers in the truck,4 kicker 200 amps,and 2 efx 250 amps.it's louder than the kids.ps-sorry about the seperate posts,haven't figured out how to get on more than one pic at a time.

Dangeranger3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow, this truck is amazing. You do great work. I really like the idea too.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's your thread--do as many posts as you want.

That's a great interior set-up. Definately sits 7 in more comfort than my truck.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it's got some rbv flavor to it too....those middle seats are from 94ish ranger ex cabs,and the fronts are 96 explorer power leather.only downside in the back is that now the kids can face each other they like to kick at each other.need to put steel barriers around them,i guess.:dunno:edit-the fabric covering the sub box was peeled off an explorer headliner.

coryg

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87, 91
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
make me a crew cab ranger!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals