• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Not Just Another Speed Sensor Problem...

MikeGuevara

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6 183CI
Transmission
Manual
Alright guys,

I have absolutely no idea about what the hell is going on with the truck lately. About 2 1/2 months ago, I started the truck up and went for a drive down the street. Everything was fine until I looked down, the speedometer's dead. I went home, checked the VSS and replaced it. The same problem, there was still no speed showing and just for the hell of it, I replaced the VSS again and still no luck. Later that day I went to use my wipers, the wipers won't work at all. I have no idea what could cause both of these problems to occur at the exact same time. And before anyone posts anything, I replaced the VSS 2 times, I checked all of the mini-fuses, and checked the connections to the VSS under the chasis. Now, are there any relays, wiring, misc. fuses, etc. that I should check? The thing that I don't understand, is how these both went out at the same time. Plus, there's no way they can be tied into each other...is there?! If anyone has any suggestions, comments, questions, etc. about what I can do, please leave them or PM me. Thanks guys...

JC 97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xlt
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
4" suspension
Tire Size
31x10.5
did you try a differant gauge cluster? The wipers may just be coincidence.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals