• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Not Another CTOR Build

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Lookin forward to wheelin pics :D

I thought it was wierd I broke an inner rather than a stub, since the stubs are 19 spl. vs the 30 spl inners, especially in single low, mud, and with 35's. Why wouldn't they warranty it a 2nd time? Is a one time per shaft deal? I guess I'll stay with them as long as they warranty the shafts. They've been gettin a bad wrap over at pirate (material quality), so if/when they fail to warranty a broken part I'll be looking for another company.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Exactly its a lifetime warranty ONCE. Once its been warrantied its done, no longer a warranty on that part even though its a new part.

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are they doing the Mud Bog this weekend in Mesick, as well as opening the trails that are across the street behind Ellens Corner? If so I may have to make a run up there Sunday.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Are they doing the Mud Bog this weekend in Mesick, as well as opening the trails that are across the street behind Ellens Corner? If so I may have to make a run up there Sunday.
No idea, were hitting Twisted Trails Park outside of town.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Visited Twisted Trails yesterday to break in the LTB's. Was very happy with them. But my day was cut short. I was running holy moley and doing quite well. I made it to the slab wall about half way through and climbed that with no effort. But when I came down the back side the truck stalled. And it wouldn't refire. I was cranking on it and it was just not firing. Look like there was smoke coming out the tailpipe so we thougth it was flooded or something so I jumped out and walked around the back side. When I came around to the pass side I noticed the smoke was from under the hood. I looked in the pass wheel to find all sort of FLAMES. the firewall area on the pass side was engulfed. So I ripped the hood open and yelled to my passenger (nd4spd71) to grab my extinguisher. He sprayed the fire and it took about all it had to finally get the flames out. Once out and the extinguisher emptied it flamed up again but I was able to put it back out with a handful of dirt.

Turns out my air inlet tube moved from across the top of my engine to the pass side and layed down on the exhaust. Its a rubber tube with wire in it. It burned the tube up completely and burned my air filter and melted some of the looms and a few unused connectors as well as crispied a couple spark plug wires. I was able to restart it and drive it out of the park and onto my trailer. Doesn't appear any real damage. I could've kept wheeling but didn't have another air filter or another fire extinguisher so we packed it up and headed home.

First thing I thought of when I popped the hood and seen the flames......FAWK I JUST BOUGHT 4D's AND NOW THERE GONNA BURN. Strong lesson on why EVERYONE should have a fire extinguisher with them on their rig. I was with a group of four and was the only one equipped with one.

I think from now on I will carry two at all times. I usually do carry two but for whatever reason I only had one in the truck yesterday.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
damn dude that blows at least it didnt take the whole truck up

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
WOW, thats why I carry a five pound extinguisher. I tend to carry an extra when I go out, to give to someone else. It does no good most of the time to have a fire extinguisher in your vehicle if yours is the one on fire. I am glad that you got it out.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Shit I started reading it and thought you were gonna say it was a total loss. Glad to hear there's no real damage, and props for being prepared.

1badexplorer

Firefighter
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 501, 7.3psd, 351c, 351w
Transmission
Manual
Yea, you were lucky I always carry an extinguisher in everything of mine because I am afraid of something like that happening to me.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What is this, 5.8 is the new 5.0 swap or what? What have you got lined up for the trans/t-case?

TS6034

September 2009 STOM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Good move on the extinguisher! You may have had a total loss without it. Or at least a scortched right front 4D.$$$$

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Right now c6 and 1356

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals