• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

noisy bushings

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
So I've notice since lifting my truck the front end has gotten a little noisy, I can hear every little bump in the road what do you guys think it could be, and everything is fine no broken parts so I was leaning more to bushings, its got a 5" lift on it, 2"lift coils and 3"lift spindle, with fox shox all around

pocket-rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
My radius arm bushings are shot in my truck and I can hear every bump because of it. I've got new ones from the dealer that I was going to put in when I replaced my I-beam pivot bushings and put new shocks on the front. But yeah, grab your radius arm by where it mounts to the frame and see if it has play like mine does. Save yourself some money though and buy them at a local parts store. They didn't find them in the computer at Advance when I went to buy mine, so I dropped $85 at the dealer for 4 bushings and 2 spacers and I can't return some of it because it was special order so I am going to just use what I have instead of returning what I can and buying cheaper.

Last edited:

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Lower ball joints, especially if they are the originals.

Turn the wheel full right and turn off the engine.
Have someone bounce the LF while you stick your head in there.
Opposite for other side.
Should be easy to spot.

PRERUNR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Extreme
Transmission
Automatic
Been There Done That With Noisy Fox Shocks

Head to your nearest Off Road Warehouse and ask for URETHANE BUSHING'S to replace your heim joints that the Fox Shocks come stock with. The Race Trucks with all the noise they create do not mind the noise, but the cute girl in the seat next to you is thinking that this nice looking truck is really "not that nice"...

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/view.just.image/src=/ecom/images/product/3771.2780.600x400.ORW-Fox-Bushings-01.jpg

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/products/sfID1/249/sfID2/283/sfID3/284/productID/3771

Then remove the shocks, remove the snap ring slide heim joints out (sometimes a little extra nudge is required) then slide the urethane bushings in and put them back on and that cute girl is now thinking that your truck is really as nice as your think it is as well...plus you can talk to her without having to yell at her to be heard.

Last edited:

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my 07 2wd is all stock up front but feels the same way.. she's got 48k on her now and from a visual, i can see that my upper controll arm bushings are cracked, deteriorated, and almost gone. u guys think maybe my ball joints and anything else under there is most likely worn too????

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
how much does it cost to replace all the bushings?

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
how much does it cost to replace all the bushings?
i wud like to know also.. and i still have some warranty left, wonder if ford wud do it or say its like a maintenence item

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Lower ball joints, especially if they are the originals.

Turn the wheel full right and turn off the engine.
Have someone bounce the LF while you stick your head in there.
Opposite for other side.
Should be easy to spot.
You have to have the suspension unloaded to check lower ball joints on an SLA truck. Jack it up by the bottom of the lower a arm so the tire is a couple inches off the ground and get under the tire with a large pry bar and pry up on the tire while having a buddy watch for play in the balljoint.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals