• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

newbie in CT

redranger98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4cly
Transmission
Manual
Hello all. Well, as my title says, I am new here. On Saturday I traded in my 01 jeep wrangler tj 2.5l, 5spd 150---miles for a 98 ford ranger 5spd, 2.5l 117---miles. I had a problem with my jeep where the bottom of the motor was abit tiried. I think it was a piston rod or bearing, so it was a matter of time. Plus I got tired of it. it was nice in the begining with taking the top off, doors, windows off, feeling fun of it.

So with the ranger, I think I made out gd. whoever had it before took care of it and doesnt seem to be beat on. Btw, 1st vechicle that I ever had owned that has AC. WOW . Only thing I am worried abt is that I am used to 4 wheel drive for the winter in the northeast. So can anyone in the notheast or wherever it snows can give me some insight abt the truck in the snow? I plan on throwing sand bags in the bed for extra weight.

The one thing that threw me on saturday is that its a 2.5l(4cyl) and it has 8plugs. I was like huh!!! how can it be, but reading on the net that ford did it for extra horse power(which it doesnt lack), better emmisions. Whoever did the plugs last time. Didnt know what they were doing, none were gapped, wires were stuck to plugs, parts of the boot and plugs had corrision/rust. And, I must add what a PAIN IN THE A-- to replace plugs. OMG. Sorry for rambling. I am sure I will be asking questions as time goes on. later.

Thanks Al :icon_cheers:

Mike Tonon

Hello, I'm in Bristol, CT.

When I had my 87 ranger 2x4, I used to put weight in the back. Usually sand bags but just packing some snow in the back helped too. What seemed to help even better was putting studded snow tires on the back. good luck

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals