• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Newbie - Heart-throb exhaust? other ?'s

footballpenguin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thx in advance for ur replies... i am a new owner 2000 XLT 4X4 3.0L. my mom bought last jan & my father just past away. she can't afford payments so i took truck over. i say this so all understand i have NO maint history on this truck. I've read forums for last 4 days so please...no " read the forum" replies. Many similar ?'s but varied response on some & not much help. So in my brief few days i know a few things I want to do ans one is change out the exhaust. I've read much accolades on the flowmaster on this forum but found the Heart-throb Deep tone entire exhaust package for much less & as advertised would offer what i am looking for. anyone with experience with this system? i'm basically looking for a sound that doesnt sound like a rice burner...deep rumble would be nice...and maybe a few extra hp. i know...will never sound like a 5.0L.
http://www.realtruck.com/heartthrob_deep_tone_cat_back_dual_exhaust_kits/R142345P1C1T.html#features

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Search the forums! haha, just playing. You know I had to do it. My advice is try it out. Its very common to hear a flowmaster on a ranger. It does sound nice, but there's a good chance you'll come across another ranger with flowmasters. I have a 3.0L and I run a custom 2.5" flo-pro SIDO system with 3.5" rolled tips. I love it. I have heard heart-throb on several full size chevies and they are loud, but I don't really like the "glasspack" sound personally. My exhaust was $215 for the muffler, piping and shop labor to bend/install it.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
no experience with this , but i have a truck identical to yours , and i have cat back duals , they do make it sound a little better , and when it idles i have had people ask if it has a v-8 , but you can go to a local shop and get a system like that custom made and welded for alot cheaper , i think my system ran my dad about $150

p.s. my dad paid for it only because he has never paid for a single other thing for me since my parents got divorced 6 years ago , 1 year after the divorce he moved 2 states away , so i made hime buy me tires and an exhayst , and next is all the parts for my exploder , and i am having my shackles done at his bosses shop

footballpenguin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
WNY...funny story in a weird kinda way. both replies...thx for the replies. i like the "loud" sound. had glasspacks on my 5.0L mustang...but that was a V8so not sure if sound silly on a 3.0L. i'll go to a local shop and price out...i can manage non-major stuff w/ the truck but no weilder so need a 3rd party to install. also wanting a cold air intake. after reading forums i see that a relatively "cheap" mod worth the expense. i see K&N alot on forums but seen several other brands much cheaper. stay with K&N or some of these others offer value? thx again for response.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
i still have the stock intake on my truck , i just installed a k&n filter , i really see no sense in dropping big bucks on a full k&n setup , if you do go the cheaper route , just make sure the pipe you get a holes for your idle air temp sensor and for the fresh air intake ( that is that little pipe attached to your valve cover , it is a crucial part of your pvc system)

footballpenguin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thx again for your reply. just see a lot of posts recommending the whole in-take system as a cheap way to get a few extra hp only reason considering. as said b4...only had truck a little over a week so trying to learn a lot in little time. aside from replacing plugs and wires (no idea when lat changed), and prbly replacing throttle cable (once i check for slack...103,000 miles on truck), realy not many other mod's for performance cheap. maybe i add a chip but engine swaop out of my price range for now.

bumbleb77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I USED TO WORK THERE!!!! The deep tone is the one I always recomend. I had one on my '94 2.3L 2wd Ranger. Everyone thought I had a 6. It all cold rolled steel with 304SS Tips. The tips are filled with baffles and batting (a glass pack) The sound in nice when cruising and very good when you floor it. The kits come with all the hangers and clamps to do it yourself, in the garage, on a saturday

Jon (the owner) always felt it wasn't just to be loud, it had to sound good as well.

The reason for the cat back is they can't legaly mess with the converter. If someone wanted a complete system, they had to trailer it in and trailer it out.

I just got a '00 4x4 3.0L Ranger, the first thing I did when I got it home was send an email to Mike (Owner's son and general manager) to get a quote.

Last edited:

footballpenguin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thx bumblb77. sounds like exactly what i'm looking for. i assume put on yourself if you have a torch...which i don't. probly have to get a local shop to install. should i just order through realtruck.com the link i posted above or get a quote directly from Heartthrob as you are doing?

bumbleb77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
They prefered if you went through their vendors. I haven't put one on the new Ranger yet. Waiting on student loans.

dru

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
WNY...funny story in a weird kinda way. both replies...thx for the replies. i like the "loud" sound. had glasspacks on my 5.0L mustang...but that was a V8so not sure if sound silly on a 3.0L. i'll go to a local shop and price out...i can manage non-major stuff w/ the truck but no weilder so need a 3rd party to install. also wanting a cold air intake. after reading forums i see that a relatively "cheap" mod worth the expense. i see K&N alot on forums but seen several other brands much cheaper. stay with K&N or some of these others offer value? thx again for response.
dude, let me save you before you make the horrible decision to waste money on a K&N. I just bought the K&N fipk2. it looks good under the hood but thats about it. it has a shitty whistle tone to it when accelerating hard and there is no performance gain to be had (none that you will notice anyway) If i could go back a month ago, i would have just done the airbox mod. good luck!!! check this link http://www.freewebs.com/arizonariders/rangerairboxmod.htm

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals