• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Newb! Howdy! Here to LEARN!

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You must make the decision man, I don't wish to build any false hopes or nothin

jamie73554

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL
Transmission
Automatic
I dont think so....I'll worry about all that after I find and buy.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
At least we have some reason to believe it's a possibility :)

Hal Golightly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hi, I am Hal from Phoenix I have 1991 Ranger with a 3.0 XLT and my gas tank has a leak, anybody knew were I might be able to find a replacement? Also, anybody know of a mechanic in Phoenix who likes to work on old Rangers? Thanks for the help!

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Hi, I am Hal from Phoenix I have 1991 Ranger with a 3.0 XLT and my gas tank has a leak, anybody knew were I might be able to find a replacement? Also, anybody know of a mechanic in Phoenix who likes to work on old Rangers? Thanks for the help!
Welcome to the site. Check car-part.com and ebay for the tank.. any mechanic worth their grease should be willing to work on your truck for you.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I'd appreciate knowing that info if you could manage it.
So.. without taking a wheel off they appear to be 8" wide with 3" of backspace. With 225s on them the sidewall is a c-hair off of perfectly flush with the fender lip and there's a MILE of room inboard.. you could definitely run a 10" wide wheel with 4" backspace or likely fit a 12" wide wheel with 5" backspace in the rear for absolute overkill if you wanted lol.

Up front it's anyone's guess how much additional wheel/tire can be added inboard before any rubbing while turning or whatever.. 10" wide with 4" backspace would probably fit.. depending on ride height & tire size

jamie73554

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL
Transmission
Automatic
Wow...thanks for that!

AutoRnD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Howdy! I'm Jamie, Don't own a Ranger yet, but am scouring the ads feverishly! :LOL: Wanting to know the best years, engine tranny combo, etc. Need a super reliable one! I prefer an automatic, but am not opposed to a manual. Not looking for max power, just a runabout and grocery getter. Reliability and lowest cost of repairs/maintenance are the big factors. Any comments on the above are appreciated. I'll start reading everything on the forum and see what I can learn.
We could probably learn from each other's posts! I literally don't know what I'm doing but after having signed up for TRS, not to be dramatic but I can't really explain why I felt so comfortable after having a few messages thrown at me. Honestly man, these guys are the best. I literally gained the confidence to get into mechanics just because they were actually responsive and basically guided me. Now you know what you're doing mechanic wise but I'm an idiot, I'm starting at the bottom but maybe the dumb questions I ask can get your fixes! I've been moving forward since. Just knowing the names of parts makes me happy. Damn should I be admitting this?

jamie73554

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL
Transmission
Automatic
We can all use other thoughts and opinions, NOBODY knows everything! We all start somewhere. You'll be fine. Until something become second nature, lay it out in front of you, piece by piece, step by step. When you take something apart, lay it out in the order you took it apart. Get the right tools for the job and use them for what they were designed...yea...tools are expensive, so breaking them by using a ratchet for hammer is not the smart thing to do. You'll learn by doing and the more you do, the more you will willing to tackle on your own....but as I said, nobody knows everything...and no one is expected to know everything. Ask for help when you need it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals