• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Ranger Suspension Questions

Bigmatthew86

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hey everyone I picked up a new to me 01 standard cab, 2wd with a 5.0 out of an explorer. It has the explorer axle with spring under with the factory ranger leaf springs (I think). Up from it appears to have djm upper control arms with some lowering springs, but factory lower arms. Is that possible? I’d honestly like to raise the truck back up at least some because I plan to use it to do actual truck stuff. I’m heading to the junkyard tomorrow to try & find some explorer leaf springs. Can I just slap a set of factory front springs back on & gain 2” with the arm setup? Here is how it sits now on 245/45r17 & 275/45r17’s.
IMG_3139.png

Bigmatthew86

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I added a torch add a leaf to the rear yesterday. They were supposed to add 1.5-2” & they did just that. I do have the Ranger left lean & they made that more apparent. I’m planning on adding a 1” spacer to the front left shock to get rid of the lean. I had only around 3” of rear travel between the axle & the frame before so the leafs got me some needed travel.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Hey everyone I picked up a new to me 01 standard cab, 2wd with a 5.0 out of an explorer. It has the explorer axle with spring under with the factory ranger leaf springs (I think). Up from it appears to have djm upper control arms with some lowering springs, but factory lower arms. Is that possible? I’d honestly like to raise the truck back up at least some because I plan to use it to do actual truck stuff. I’m heading to the junkyard tomorrow to try & find some explorer leaf springs. Can I just slap a set of factory front springs back on & gain 2” with the arm setup? Here is how it sits now on 245/45r17 & 275/45r17’s.View attachment 98518
A very sweet looking ride

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals