• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New here, getting ready to build my truck

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks man, I like them a lot, great street tread and look like they are well prepared to take some abuse. a bit hard but since they are wider its got great traction, i dont spin all the time like i used to. Plus i get a little more slip before the BS ABS kicks in, i like abs but it sucks when the pedal just drops and you continue to slide anyway haha

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am lucky i dont have abs. lol they look like they will do pretty good on and off the trail. Since i dd my truck on road performance is really important.

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yea it was either sell this and get an F-150 or beef it up and get it back into shape for work, i chose the latter, i love the setup and the motor, its great on fuel, and its not huge. Plus i like buying parts and stuff!!

89Ranger5.0

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 302
Transmission
Manual
you should be able to run that box just has to be wired up differently msd has all scematics on there site if you need anything else ask, welcome

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I love buying parts too as long as it is an upgrade lol.

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
This should get you to the Flickr where i have bene uploading pics from my truck Stuff. I will ge tmore pics as I pull stuff out of the boxes tommorow when I start to tear down my truck. I will try to do some side by side pics to show the JD versus the Skyjacker stuff I am replacing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66488091@N06/6205039861/in/photostream

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This should get you to the Flickr where i have bene uploading pics from my truck Stuff. I will ge tmore pics as I pull stuff out of the boxes tommorow when I start to tear down my truck. I will try to do some side by side pics to show the JD versus the Skyjacker stuff I am replacing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66488091@N06/6205039861/in/photostream

Awesome! Good shots man I was lookin for a little detail and thats perfect, stuff looks solid! What are you doing with the old parts? Incase I have to wait a bit for the duff kit, something like that would get me by, as it was for you.

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
there is another member that has already laid claims to the stuff I am removing. I was just going to throw them in the basement until he asked about them. I will be doing the work at my parents place because it has the most room to rip stuff apart and just let it lay there if need be. At my town house they are assholes about you even rotating tires.I am hioping next year around this time to have my own house with a well equiped garage with a lift.

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Gotcha, well thanks for responding anyway, if all goes well ill have the parts i want within the month. I dont like how it rides with the blocks crammed into the springs, but i had to get the tires on somehow, my other tires were EFFED! You're in PA? I go to Mt Joy from time to time to see my family, beautiful area. Plus the Amish are some real characters!

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, so I installed the stage 3 5-6" Duff kit a couple weeks ago, all went well, knocked it out in 5 nights by myself. The problem is, look at how my truck sits now! I think the front springs a bit short from Duff, and the rears might be way tall. I didn't re-use the lift blocks from the stage one, and everything else is just stock, the way the truck came, only installed the duff kit parts. I ordered some skyjacker 8" springs to compensate because I think it look ridiculous.

Let me know what you guys think. My alignment is at 0 degress all around right now, other than caster, which I haven't really messed with, but wouldn't raise the front end any.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
No way in hell that's 6" lift up front. Im running 3" BL and a leveling kit and clearing 35s

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yea man! I checkt he lenth and the part number, and they said on the phone "Yea I mean, well, that's just how they run in the extended cab rangers, if anything, your rear looks a bit too high." I went over everything, sent em pictures, did it all. I just ended up asking for a refund on them and going with a different brand. The Jacker 138s should bring it up to about 1-2" lower than the rear, which is perfect to me. I was kind of bummed when they told me that that was the biggest spring they made for my truck.

Also, one of the Earl's braided lines leaked when I bled the system and started it up for the first time, but they were really nice about it all and there is another set on the way. The kit was also stock length lines, not extended, but I just ran them from behind the bucket instead of the front and had more than enough line.

87anger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
177 c.i. 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
First off, I WANT YOUR TRUCK:drool::drool:
Thats the exact year range, color, and tires I dream about lol.
Have you got your new skyjacker coils in yet? When you do post up some pics, would love to see how it sits.

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
First off, I WANT YOUR TRUCK:drool::drool:
Thats the exact year range, color, and tires I dream about lol.
Have you got your new skyjacker coils in yet? When you do post up some pics, would love to see how it sits.
Yes they are in, just needs another pitman arm and alignment, hopefully it comes in the mail before a trip I have to make on Thursday. I'm making sub woofer boxes for it today and assembling my stereo so I can absolutely fire off a few photos. I really have to do a write up but im just so busy, up at 7, getting to bed at 3 or 4 usually. I feel like smashing my face through a keyboard before typing on one hahaha. Today is nice though, ill break my 7D out and the ultra wide angle lens

87anger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
177 c.i. 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Awesome man.:icon_thumby: Ya just realized that this is turning into a build thread lol. When you have time you should definitely do a writeup.

Oh and im still mad at you for stealing my truck out of my dreams...lol jk:headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals