• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New guy from Washington

d112crzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Whats good everyone?!

Just a small intro; My name is Jose, people call me Joser. I live in eastern Washington. I'm new to Fords and especially trucks. I tune and build Hondas mostly. Anything from stock builds to 500whp+ motors.

Anyways, I've been browsing good ole craigslist lately looking for a beater since my car is currently down for the winter(body work/paint). I came across an 89 Ranger. Guy was selling it for $500 but I managed to talk him down to $300 cash.

I just picked it up today. He thought it had a blown hg. I pay the guy, check the radiator and its COMPLETELY empty. I fill her up and take her for a test drive around the block after she warms up and it runs flawlessly. The transmission(auto) shifts great.

Here are some pics. It has a Ranger badge and right under it says "custom". I've checked in and out and I'm not really seeing anything "custom" about it. Any of you guys know?

First thing on the list, get rid of that stock filter box!:yahoo:

I'll get some more pictures up tomorrow with my camera.

mykegee23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
great deal, n good truck. im new here too. check out my album i got an 05 edge

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome if it is a HG or a cracked head your still money way ahead. You know the drill water in oil or bubbles out the radiator by the way:thefinger: Why cant I find a $300 truck in that good a shape.

d112crzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
great deal, n good truck. im new here too. check out my album i got an 05 edge
Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out. :D

Welcome if it is a HG or a cracked head your still money way ahead. You know the drill water in oil or bubbles out the radiator by the way:thefinger: Why cant I find a $300 truck in that good a shape.
The drive home was about 20 minutes, 10 of that in rush hour traffic. I don't live in the biggest city ever, but I had to go through 6 street lights, 4 of which I caught red. It never over heated.:icon_confused:

The oil is clean(motor has 129k) and there are no bubbles in the radiator or coolant being pushed out. Only time will tell.

d112crzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well, the lower radiator hose had a pinsized hole in it and it was leaking quite a bit today. I lost enough coolant that the gauge started getting towards the middle of the "normal". I fixed the hose and also decided to drill a small hole in the thermostat(1/8"). The motor takes a little longer to warm up, but that's only a temporary fix until I can head to the junkyard and find an explorer radiator.

Here are some better pics

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals