• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Guy From Kentucky

Hitokiri

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Hello everyone. Names Nathan, im from Paintsville, Ky. Just picked me up a Ford Ranger the other day and ended up finding this site so I thought id join up, since im sure ill need a little info help sometime of the other later on down the line lol. But anyways my truck is a 1987 Ford Ranger, 2.3L 2WD 5 speed Shortbed. All stock, it says it has only 37k miles but I dont know, it runs and drives like a new truck so it could have lol. I picked it up the other day for a back braking $500 bucks delivered to my door so i couldn't pass it up. Here is a couple pics of it.

It has very little rust on it, witch is something hard to come by here in kentucky for as cheap as I paid for it lol. My plains for it as of right now, is to Fix what little rust it has, swap in ether one of my 5.0L's I have or my 351w. A V8 T-5 tranny. Upgrade the rearend, CalTracs bars, some nice shocks. And a set of Weld Racing Prostar wheels. Other then that not really going to do much with it other then drive it to the wheels falls off, since it will be a daily driver and a weekend toy. Well I guess thats about it for now.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
welcome to trs, looks like a good foundation to start with and the price was awesome..:headbang:

Hitokiri

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the welcome, and yeah its a solid little truck, and for the price I just couldn't pass it up. Iv wanted one for a long time but all I could ever find was ether a long bed or so rusted it was not worth it. I see alot of S10's around here but you hardly ever see a Ranger though lol.

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
Good looking little truck.

Welcome aboard.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
welcome! make sure to do a build thread w/ lots of pics once you start your mods.

Hitokiri

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks again guys for the welcome. And yeah I plain on it making a build thread, got to pick me up another camera the one I got now is so wore out i can take about 3 pics then it dies no matter what you do to it lol. Ether way it will be a mild built street truck not looking for anything over 300hp, cause that should be more then enough in that light little truck and still be fun and the main thing reliable lol. This will be my 2nd time ever building a car though my frist was a 1978 malibu it was my first car lol. And iv always wanted to build me a Ranger so now I have the chance too. Now just to save up some money and start getting parts lol.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Good score.
Roller 351W.........just my $.02.......

midtnranger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Hitokiri

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I was thinking about the 351w. But for a little power as im wanting to put down the 5.0 would give me more then what I want though. So im still up in the air about it, plus my 351w will need a full rebuild where as the 5.0's I have need nothing. I got time to think on it though. I just know how I am and if I drop in the 351w then ill want to build it up to more then what I really need. Where as the 5.0 I wont end up doing that.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome to the forums, I recommend the 5.0 gots much better aftermarket support if you ask me. 3" body lift will make the swap much easier. Make sure you hit up LMCtruck.com for all your resto needs. I'm looking forward to the build thread. Again welcome.:icon_thumby:

Hitokiri

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, and yeah thats another reason I was looking at the 5.0 cause parts are a little cheaper around here to come by since there is so many mustangs that run around here lol. And I wont be doing a body lift, I got a welder and a big hammer if need be lol.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
There is a google group for kentucky rangers by the way.

Hitokiri

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Didn't know they had a kentucky one. ill see if I can find it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals