• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New guy from Canada N.S.

1989LongbedGT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys. I have been creeping on this site the past few months reading and reading and reading some more. So since i just picked up my new project I figured I would join this forum. Very pleased with the wealth of information on here!

Anyways to the good stuff!

I just picked up a 89 Ranger GT to fully restore. Its in pretty hard shape but has pretty much everything other than the OEM Fogs and Wheels and she was very....very neglected. But the little bugger ran strong and made its way back to its new home in all her Bondo Glory where she is now in good hands :)

These pictures came out terrible and didnt realize the settings were changed on the camera until it got dark lol. Ill get some better ones soon.

I believe this is probably the only GT here in Nova Scotia Canada. In all my 26 years of living here I have yet to see another one.

I pulled the carpet on the passenger side to have a look at the build sheet and it was pretty much destoryed :(

Matt

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome to the forums, you came to the right place for your ranger needs. She looks a little ruff but it going to be a fun project truck for sure. What all do you have planned for the ranger?

1989LongbedGT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Plan on restoring the truck to its original state. The truck was originally white but someone painted it black and did a terrible job. I do like the truck better black than the white tho.

But mainly keep it OEM, lowered a little bit with 17" bullet wheels and quite possibly a 5.0L from a stang. The way it should have came lol.

I am totally new to fords. this is my first ford, my first truck and hope to have alot of fun with it.

Thanks

Matt

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
I'll half to give ya a link, to a nice gt build done by another member to help give ya some tips or what not.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Ok I was wrong, this build didn't start out as a GT but it's worth a look for your build.
Good luck, and i'll look forward to a build thread once you get started make sure you take loots of pics we all love to see build pics.

http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64164

FlyinRyan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
Looks like it'll turn into a sweet truck! I'll keep an eye on the roads for it! Nice to see some more bluenosers on here!

1989LongbedGT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the link! This will be a long build process as I am getting married next year, I just couldnt pass up the deal on this truck lol.

Where abouts in N.S. do you live? I live in Sackville but the truck is at my father inlaws in New Glasgow where it will be restored there.

Matt

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome to TRS fellow Canadian...:)

I've only seen them in the scrap yards in Ontario...haven't seen one on the road yet...but, as is usual, the moment I post this I will see a couple of them...

Good project truck...but apparently you can buy the floor panels still for that year...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals