• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need to replace my passenger radius arm

Rangergirl92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
A few years back I replaced all the rubber in my front end with poly when I rebuilt my front axles. I found a small rub wear point where the radius arm meets the mounting bracket on the truck's frame. Then she had motor problems and had to sit while I used a commuter trying to save up for repairs.

Finally was able to buy a motor and install it, I also rebuilt the transmission woohoo! After all that I have been driving and I am noticing a popping noise when I pitch on hard right turns. I know it is the gap wear from the old bushings being essentially non existent for a hot minute before I upgraded everything.

Anyhow I am hoping for recommendations on the procedure and maybe a referral to a quality seller for this part. I replaced the springs when I did the bushing upgrade. I am installing Rancho shocks when I do the radius arms.

Thanks in advance for your advice and guidance.

Rangergirl92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
A few years back I replaced all the rubber in my front end with poly when I rebuilt my front axles. I found a small rub wear point where the radius arm meets the mounting bracket on the truck's frame. Then she had motor problems and had to sit while I used a commuter trying to save up for repairs.

Finally was able to buy a motor and install it, I also rebuilt the transmission woohoo! After all that I have been driving and I am noticing a popping noise when I pitch on hard right turns. I know it is the gap wear from the old bushings being essentially non existent for a hot minute before I upgraded everything.

Anyhow I am hoping for recommendations on the procedure and maybe a referral to a quality seller for this part. I replaced the springs when I did the bushing upgrade. I am installing Rancho shocks when I do the radius arms.

Thanks in advance for your advice and guidance.

Oh I forgot to add: 1992 125" wheelbase 4x4 TTB with Dana 35

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Aftermarket with a lift kit or junkyard parts are probably your only options. You can get the crossmember new probably not the radius arms… and unless the wear is really severe, I would just run what you have. I am not convinced that is the source of your noise anyway. My wife’s ‘95 does that and those parts were in great shape when I did bushings on it- I’m thinking it may be a sway bar bushing our body mount at fault instead.

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5
htthttps://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile/1983-97-Ford-Bronco-ll-Ranger-Radius-Arm-BushingsBlack/productinfo/93000/ps://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile/1983-1997-Ford-Bronco-II-and-Ranger-OEM-Radius-Arm-4x4/productinfo/93236/
Not a difficult job but time consuming. Keep us posted on your progress. Maybe even do a how to thread.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Wow, I am shocked that there are new ones available. Good finds.
Youd be surprised whats out there.

Ive even found NOS OEM parts for my LTD

Rangergirl92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual

Rangergirl92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
htthttps://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile/1983-97-Ford-Bronco-ll-Ranger-Radius-Arm-BushingsBlack/productinfo/93000/ps://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile/1983-1997-Ford-Bronco-II-and-Ranger-OEM-Radius-Arm-4x4/productinfo/93236/
Not a difficult job but time consuming. Keep us posted on your progress. Maybe even do a how to thread.
Yeah I need to do more inspect/diagnosis but when i do eventually (regardless) replace the radius arm I will make a vid or pictorial how to

MXGerry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Heres an OEM set for both sides brand new...assuming your truck is a 92...i assumed by your name...

Thank you for this. Hope they will be still available soon. We'll take in this '92 4WD project soon once we clear the garage next week. The bumper, winch, lift kit, and jeep accessories for the Wrangler arrived we should be done by the weekend.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
i have never known them not to be a stock item...usually 50 bux each or so. they are a wear item. the earlier d28 style with bolt on inner swaybar and shock mounts can be hard to get...

if the studs are good might just need brackets....

there is heat release loctite on the front studs ... depending on rot level that may need some propane to ease movement... i made a socket for doing those...welded two 1 1/8 deep wells together... but a cheater pipe and a 1 1/8 box wrench will get it done.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals