• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need some help!!!

NickHimself

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok guys i already intro'ed myself now not sure where else to post this but here goes

ok i bought my truck for 500 bucks bc it has an awsome running motor but it has a few problems, the front camber on the tires is TERRIBLE (see pics below) and im not sure where to start on fixing it, also i was told the 4x4 whines when you hit the button and does not work..... i hit the button and no whine how do i tell if its working or not (yes i am a 4x4 newb used to be an import guy)

plans are new bed, new fenders, fix the piddely stuff, then lift it :headbang:

NickHimself

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
also my license plate lights won't light up, changed bulbs, figured it was a fuse i looked all over for it but even the book says nothing about the location of it

your help is greatly appr

NickHimself

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the fast reply mtnrgr, im new to the area that im in so i can't really find a "trusty" shop its going to be luck of the draw i think. i got under and looked at it but there doesn't appear to be anything bent and i can't see any leaky grease spots near any of the ball joints

NickHimself

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
alright, thanks for the help, i wish i could just find a mint bodied parts truck for this thing!!!

NickHimself

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
any ideas bout the 4x4 guys?

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
do you have auto or manual hubs? a whine could be a bad wheel bearing.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
your license plate light prob could be a broken wire/bad ground, i lost all my lights in the rear and ended up running a wire from the switch all the way back and spliced all the rear taillights/license lights into it. not saying thats what you need to do as mine was a broken wire in the harness after using my test light but just check into grounds/bulbs first then maybe try and jump a wire across to it and see if that helps it.

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
thanks for the fast reply mtnrgr, im new to the area that im in so i can't really find a "trusty" shop its going to be luck of the draw i think. i got under and looked at it but there doesn't appear to be anything bent and i can't see any leaky grease spots near any of the ball joints
if you ball joints are toast the joints will wobble real bad, they should be tight. ball joints are easy if you have the right tools. i agree, your camber issue could be tirerod ends,ball joints,or just need a alighnment.

any ideas bout the 4x4 guys?
so im takeing it has a push button 4wd? check the fluid in the case,and check the wheel bearings. the auto hubs might be makeing noise too.

NickHimself

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
im going to be going after the ground issue prolly this weekend im sure thats what it is, yes they are auto hubs, me and another guy where messing with it last night giving it the curb check, and when you put it in 4x4 then throw it in drive it jerks harder and feels like its in but it wouldn't even climb the curb, plus while 4x4 is "engaged" it makes a soft click from the drivers side every revolution of the wheel

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals