• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need some help with lifting my ranger

cablesNOTwires

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
hello, I just recently bought a 2003 ford ranger xlt fx4 with a 4.0L. I want to lift it and it seems like the only suspension lift I can find is a 4 inch suspension lift from Superlift. I would also like to have some 35 inch mudders on it too. So what I am wondering is, is that is the 4 inch suspension lift enough to fit 35's under it? And is there another way to lift it higher without doing a body lift?
Thanks

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Do a search on this site, Bro. This has been brought up plenty of times. There is a 4x4 section here that you can read as well. Everything you need info on is in the search feature.

james99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
yes the Superlift will lift it high enough to fit 35s. as far as i know they are the only ones still makeing a lift kit for the 98 and newer rangers. if you do get on u will need a new drive shaft. other wise there is the best route for off roading (SAS):icon_welder::icon_hornsup:.

cablesNOTwires

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys, much :) :)

mud junky

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L/4.0SOHC
Transmission
Manual
yes the Superlift will lift it high enough to fit 35s. as far as i know they are the only ones still makeing a lift kit for the 98 and newer rangers. if you do get on u will need a new drive shaft. other wise there is the best route for off roading (SAS):icon_welder::icon_hornsup:.
i dont see a 4" lift fitting 35's. i have a 2003 FX4 w/ a 3" PA body lift. and i tryed to see if i could stuff a 35 under it. it did not fit. so i stuck a floor jack under it and jacked the front end up 2" and i still could not turn the tire. check out my thread under "i tryed" for a full write up on this atempt.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
I think you can fit 35s with the Superlift and a 3" body lift. That would yield 7" of lift which in theory allow 35's to fit.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals