• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need more storage space in your garage?

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
I guess a lift or even bigger tires are out of the question now huh?
LOL well with less than 4000 miles on a brand new set of 31's and living in an apartment, I will not be upgrading tires anytime soon. (got soaked for 600 bucks on those suckers...) plus any money that can go toward lifts and better tires is gonna go to the "Get AJ a new house" fund, so that I have a proper garage to upgrade and mod the Ranger in the future. that garage is barely wide enough and long enough to work on the ranger as it is. So my goal is to have a house in the coming year...you don't want to know what a 2br apt and single garage is costing me right now...I am having a hard time justifiying it when a house payment will probably be much less.

If you lift that truck it will never work...lol Here is what I did about 4 years ago. With three vehicals in the garage I needed some over head storage!!
I put together these 3 racks and modified them to fit my lifted ranger with my Yakima roof rack. This is the best thing to use. Each shelf is designed to support 650 lbs. They are called Saferacks. I paid about $300 for them. They are powder coated and made to last a lifetime:

I really like the look of your system, but I can't justify the 300 bucks for it when I can build my own setup for much cheaper. what isn't shown in my picture is that the back wall of my garage is right under the peak of the roof, and I have probably another 8 foot of storage space up against that wall above the rafters. so this loft system works great, as it gives me access to the attic space as well.

Hmmm, I wonder why??? lol What is snow??

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
LOL and the 15 days you can work with the garage door open you probably still need a sweater

AJ

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
LOL well with less than 4000 miles on a brand new set of 31's and living in an apartment, I will not be upgrading tires anytime soon. (got soaked for 600 bucks on those suckers...) plus any money that can go toward lifts and better tires is gonna go to the "Get AJ a new house" fund, so that I have a proper garage to upgrade and mod the Ranger in the future. that garage is barely wide enough and long enough to work on the ranger as it is. So my goal is to have a house in the coming year...you don't want to know what a 2br apt and single garage is costing me right now...I am having a hard time justifiying it when a house payment will probably be much less.

I really like the look of your system, but I can't justify the 300 bucks for it when I can build my own setup for much cheaper. what isn't shown in my picture is that the back wall of my garage is right under the peak of the roof, and I have probably another 8 foot of storage space up against that wall above the rafters. so this loft system works great, as it gives me access to the attic space as well.

LOL and the 15 days you can work with the garage door open you probably still need a sweater

AJ
Well, if you get tired of your system you can just use it as fire wood...lol.
Maybe you can do what I did out of wood? Then, it would be off the floor. It would work really good and then you can stain the wood and make it really neat looking. You seem to have some talent to building things, Bro!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals