• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need info on tire sizes for 2000 Ranger 2wd

GMWIGGS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 & 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hi all,

I've been looking and reading this site for 4+ years. Great site and I've learned a TON of things from the posts and technical section:icon_thumby:.

Please don't flame me I looked under the tech section and couldn't find any info on this. I know its there 'cause I've seen it before. I just can't seem to locate it.

I need to know what the largest tires I can put on my 2000 2wd stock Ranger. I have the 16" rims commonly seen on Exploders of this year.
A link to the correct page would be awsome! Am currently running 235/70 r16 BF Goodrich's (severely worn out), will 245/75 r16 fit OK? I hope so I just bought some Goodyear Wranglers with lots of tread left for about $75:yahoo:, be a shame if I can't use them!:annoyed:

Thanks for any help!

GMWIGGS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 & 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Now that was quick Thanks!

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
245/75-16 was an optional size on 4x4 Rangers, I'm going to say that they will be too tall for your 4x2.

GMWIGGS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 & 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
245/75-16 was an optional size on 4x4 Rangers, I'm going to say that they will be too tall for your 4x2.
After some carefull measurements today, with the wheels turned in all positions and also considering the larger tires don't have full tread, I think they will fit. However, with suspension travel and what not I think you may be right.

I am very unsure at this point. They obviously will fit on the rear though, I have air shocks for towing and hauling. At this point my current tires are so worn I'm going to roll the dice and try anyway.

Worst case senario, I'll have tires for the back for now and will only have to find a couple for the front to get me by for a few months. Won't be able to rotate though.

I appreciate the link and your honest opinion. I'll update this thread if it actually works without any problems.

Thanks again for your help!

GMWIGGS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 & 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Back again,

I mounted the tires with fingers crossed and they fit just fine.:yahoo: The tires had a little more than half of the tread left and there was plenty of clearance. Took it back into the hunting club and hit some bumps and no scrubing so I think I'm good to go.

On a side note, I seen a Mazda B3000 ext cab 4x2 (almost identical to mine year and all) and it had 31x10.5 mounted on it. I checked the wheel wells in the front and couldn't see any trimming, spacers, ect, looked completely stock to me. They filled up that wheel well though! Didn't talk to the owner, just happened to see the truck in a parking lot.

Anyways, maybe this can help someone else in the future.

A big thank you to The Ranger Station, I've learned alot from this site!:icon_cheers:

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
No problem, we're here to help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals