• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help on suspension

low~n~blue

February 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Ok, so i have a 1993 ford ranger splash that i currently have a DJM 4 inch drop on. It has dream beams and a flip kit to achieve the drop but now i'm into the off road and dune scene so i would like to do a desert style truck. My plan was to use stock suspension with a two inch spacer upfront to level or maybe give it a little rake combined with 31x10.5xr15 tires. Has anyone had any experience with 31's running a 4.0 V6? does it cuase any issues or make it a dog? also do the stepsides unbolt and if so can i bolt on bedsides? Finally does anyone know if the splash suspension is any different from a non splash 1993 ranger? THanks for the help, i'm new to off road scene.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Well, I say good move. Lol. 31's with a 4.0 won't be a problem, depending on your gearing in your axle. I'm running 32's with no problem. Now, the bed sides don't unbolt. If they are steel the are welded. Not sure how they attach fiberglass. Now I believe the splash and stx suspension is the same, but fir done reason I'm thinking T bars. Idk why. Your best bet if you want to stay cheap is a kit. Springtech makes good stuff. Same thing as fabtech, but half the price.

Im not a fan of spacers, but that's just me. By the way, if your only lifting it a little, or hardly at all, I wouldn't bother with bedsides. Or really and glass for that matter. Unless you wanna give camburg a call. Lol.

Any more Q's let me know.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Nvm, your radius arms, that was my blonde moment.

low~n~blue

February 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I will check springtech out for sure! it sucks being on a college budget but at the same time I've learned from my experience in other auto related things that cutting corners isn't the way to go either so i appreciate the advice!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals