• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my new ranger jsut in time for christmas

S & S

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
My wife agreed to let me trade my mustang drag car for my newest ranger just in time for christmas and our local new years day mud bog so here is what i know about it so far since ive only had it two days and havent had a chance to take it out yet. I'll update after new years when i see how it does.
85 Ford Ranger Body on a 84 Chevrolet long wheelbase chassis cut down 25 inches. skyjacker 10 inch springs with 2 inch blocks in the rear. Dana 60 front axle with brakes deleted detroit locker and 4.88 gears. GM 10 bolt rear with spool 4.88 gears and disk brakes. 15x12 chrome modular wheels with 39.5 cut boggers. 454 ls7 BBC with 119cc heads fully ported and polished, 680 lift solid roller cam, comp roller rockers, all forged internals, 13.5:1 trw forged pistons, weiand tunnel ram with dual predator carbs 2 1/8 inch primaries through the hood headers. Turbo 400 tranny with full manual valve body and 4200 stall. np 205 divorced transfer case with twin stick conversion and pinion brake.

Attachments

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
You need a 2.3 liter........... but other than that, it's a sweet sweet rig.

Frank

S & S

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks buddy we're thinking about a mild 302 fuel injection swap to make it more reliable and more trail capable plus 110 octane aint cheap either but im gonna play with the big block at least a time or two in the mud just for giggles.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
4200 stall? Gonna blow up the engine before it moves? I didn't even think they made a stall that high! nice looking rig tho.

S & S

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
the builder said it was a 4200 it actually starts moving around 3800. it was built for one thing only and that was mud racing. it crosses the 160ft mud pit in 5 seconds at 7000 rpm.

sholzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the builder said it was a 4200 it actually starts moving around 3800. it was built for one thing only and that was mud racing. it crosses the 160ft mud pit in 5 seconds at 7000 rpm.
Are ya tryin' to get through the mud before the mud has a chance to land on the truck? :D

S & S

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
yea almost. yall check out whiteheads red river mud bog here in texarkana. they have a pretty good website with lots of pics and videos. thats where we're gonna make our debut new years if everything goes as planned.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Manual valve body is for sissies who want to drive stick but can't handle a clutch.

Go 5 speed or go home.

Beast looking truck though. Too bad it has so many Chity parts.

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
Frank the Tank said:
You need a 2.3 liter........... but other than that, it's a sweet sweet rig.

Thanks buddy we're thinking about a mild 302 fuel injection swap to make it more reliable and more trail capable plus 110 octane aint cheap either but im gonna play with the big block at least a time or two in the mud just for giggles.
And that's the problem with some people: they don't know humor when they see it.

S & S

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
so lets see i dont know humor and i have a truck with a sissy tranny thats built with chity parts. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

S & S

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
everyone that cant post good comments can kiss my ****in ass!!!! all of you are ****in posers who sit behind a computer and cut people down instead of praising them because your all jeoulous of what somebody else has. if you cant post good comments keep them to yourself. i dont go around cutting your shit down!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Wow. Love it when people can't tell a joke from a serious criticism.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
OK Welcome to the internet buddy just calm down. There going to be lots of bullshit being throwen around. Not alot of people are fans of GM products on a Ford site nor do they like brand swaping. There are few member on here that do but they are few and far between, especially when it comes to the regulars. The most that chevy ever offers to the RBV world is it's older front solid axles and the front and rear leaf springs. You think you have it bad at least you didn't show a Jeep... You have a nice rig and be ready to take Criticism.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals