• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My B2 Build(2) Long,pics and vids

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well I ordered my rad today(expo rad) and got my efan, got my rad support modded to accept the rad and and got my rad hoses figured out, got my floor patched up, cut out a diamond plate cover for my shifter and trans tunnel and ordered my lime green paint and supplies so I think she'll be in the paint booth this weekend.

Also today I got my rear locker and 410 gears.

So i beleive sunday I may do the axle swap.

I decided against the 1356 as even with the placement of my engine I would still have to mod, So Im on the search for a tcase.

Thanks for looking

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok well I havent been able to get much done lately but today I got the truck in the shop and decided I was going to start fabbing up my front bumper, So I went out to the parts sploder to get my winch and as I was walking up I noticed one of the small windows on the back door was broken. Didnt think much of it as I live in a really windy area, unlocked the door AND IT WAS GONE, I am so livid its rediculous, About a month ago there was a 1972 chev of my bosses that had the freshly rebuilt turbo 400 and a 205 tcase,steering columb and holly carb stolen off it(dumb bastards left the near 500 horse engine though,dyno sheets were even in the glovebox)

Thats my rant, hope to find more parts and get it done

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, Figured its time for an update, Been a long time since I worked on it because I am really busy and have been riding my quad and camping alot but I worked on it a bit this weekend, Got my axles under it and am looking for some parts, One question I do have is, What years and what vehicles came with a mass air flow version of the 5.0 wiring that does not include the body harness and engine harness all in one? I have decided If im going to wire it im going with a mass air sytem right from the start. Thanks in advance guys.

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well the ol' girl breaths fire once again. Started right up with no problems.

I ended up using my original 2.9 litre harness and making a new injector harness for it. Also had to extend the IAC wires as well as change the conector for my tps. All seems well and no check engine light so far. My otc scan tool comunicates with it and things look good.

The list is still long but I think I should have it ready for the mud in a couple weeks, I lose this weekend to a few events but august seventh it must be ready to go with no bugs for a mud bog im committed to:icon_hornsup: , I gained alot more ambision again when I heard it running and running good and strong.

The to do list is as follows:

Radiator(install)
Transfer case and trans crossmember
Clean up engine bay and install inner fenders
Exhaust( as much as I love the roar it gives off now)
Power steering(just gotta install/figure out hoses)
Install bumpers
Driveshafts
Paint(in primer now)
interior

Pretty Long list but lots are just small projects that I will do in my spare time in the evenings.

Also have to find time to fix my quad, I rolled it and bent the steering stem and frame:bawling: As well as injuring myself which is why the bronc hasnt been able to get much love.

Thanks for reading anyone and remember all comments are welcome and greatly appreciated.

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well got my tacse in and trans crossmember done, Found a 205 for $250 and its like brand new, Tore it apart and inspected it all and all is like the day she rolled off the assembly line. Got my driveshafts done, and am making my shifters for the twin stick mod I did while it was tore down:headbang: Should definatly be ready for the Mud Bog next weekend:icon_hornsup:

84_Nor*Cal_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
wow man thats great to hear.... hope shes ready. my dads trying to get me to put a v8 in my truck. i told him that we would have to do efi.... to comply with smog laws if we go to bi-annual. but any ways ur b2 is helping me to get that project rolling.

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man, Hope yours goes well, just remember there are lots of people who have done it and are willing to help like myself with what I can. Mostly I just went out on a wim and it worked out pretty good, plans changed alot along the way.

Got my driveshafts made tonight along with my tcase support and a few other small things on my list.

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well its pretty much done now, Driveshafts are made/in, angles are set, fluids are full, need to wire in the knock sensor as soon as i get the conector for it:annoyed: I threw my harness for the 5.0 away once it ran. Now Its down to the exhaust and that and a damn master cylinder, I made the clutch line work but went to put it into my stock B2 master cylinder and its got a different end:bawling: Other than that its good to go. Maybe paint it this week and put my interior in. I am right pissed off lol but still very excited:icon_hornsup:

Oh I forgot to mention I put another 2 inches of lift in her as well. Might have my hands on a set of 38 inch boggers too:icon_bounceblue::yahoo:

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i'm just writing this so that i can suscribe to your thread, cool build man

camshaft01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well what are you doin for axles? i might have missed that part. 44 and a 9" or are you still ttb ifs? that was my greatest gain,going to axles that pinned to the floor wont break! can you take pics of that cross member and pan clearance? that would be great!

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, tried to get some pics today but I couldnt as my batteries in my camera were dead:dunno: and my smackberry doesnt have a flash:annoyed:. I thought I had my cltch figured but then I went to plug the f150 line into the b2 master and they were different:shok:,was quite a piss off.

Gotta order my leveling kit in the morning when I get to work, and am gunna grab the master and line I have on a parts explorer and hope they will work, So close I can taste it, It runs alot better now that I have a bunch of vacuum leaks and a knock sensor that actually is doing something. tommorrow night The 8.8 is getting welded along with my drivshafts.

For now I am running a set of 4.10 expo axles(D35/31 spline 8.8).

I have alot of late nights this week but I think ill make it to the mud bog:icon_hornsup::icon_welder:

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, havent updated for a bit, been to busy, its lime green as of tonight, and just had to tease you guys with that lol pics to come this weekend when I can get it in the sun as the shitty cell pics in the booth do nothing for the look of the colour or metalics. thanks for reading

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals