• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 87 Reg Cab Ranger Restore Project....

87xlranger

April 2010 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
UPDATE!!! I now have another 87 Ranger XL (2.3L 5 Speed) EXTENDED CAB!! I'll post a new thread tomorrow with pics, it ain't too pretty but I'll turn it around for sure just like I did with the old truck.

Troy.

86ranger3o2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0l
Transmission
Manual
Really nice truck you had man I hope your next build goes just as good but was the roll pan install on your first truck a easy install? I have a. 86 ranger in red 2.0 5 speed wanting to do a 302 swap but your truck gives me a bunch of ideas can't wait to see your next build man

derrik

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990 & 2002
Make / Model
ford's
Transmission
Automatic
So update to this project,I just bought it for my little brother (booger) it has since transfered hand 3 times to my knowledge.booger will be the 4th.my best friend mat was how I came to know of the truck.the motor finally quit on the last owner.booger had the motor yanked within the first day of bringing it home.as of now plans for the build is it WILL REMAIN SMOG LEGAL.but with that being said we are reworking the original block as much as smog legal and budget will allow.pics will come as I get them.btw we are actively working on getting decent rims,its sad to see the love that was put in it and where it is now.View attachment 12963View attachment 12964View attachment 12965View attachment 12966

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

derrik

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990 & 2002
Make / Model
ford's
Transmission
Automatic
btw any advice and input on building more smog legal power will be appreciated.so far the plan is e-fan,mild cam,possible head work,pinto beans harmonic balancer(scored it for 20 bucks so why not),and decking the head.its a shame this motor is large journal because i would love to see a 2.5 crank thrown in it.the money required to stroke this block is way out of range from my bit of searching.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals